Newest Members
jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312, Just Hanging
12342 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12342 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443449 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#233441 - 06/25/08 10:01 AM Corey Haim/Corey Fieldman: Survivors
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Corey Haim and Corey Fieldman of 80's movie "License to Drive" fame admit that they were molested as teens on their TV Show "The Two Coreys" on A&E.

G&Q Interview with Corey Feldman
http://men.style.com/gq/blogs/gqeditors
(Scroll down to Monday June 23rd)

Season two is different-less Odd Couple, more raw confrontation. I mean, the first episode has you two revealing you'd both been molested as teens. Why talk now?
That was one of those things that we'd discussed not bringing up. And then Haim brought it up anyway. You know how there's one thing that your friendís got against you that he could use as blackmail at any time? That was the one thing.

To be fair, you brought up Haim's suicide attempt first, right? Well, that was a bit of clever editing. The conversation lasted probably two hours. You have to encapsulate it in a twenty-two-minute episode.

It's harrowing stuff. Can you grasp how the molestation affected your life?

Well, I certainly think it affected Haim's. I think it's stunted him. That's the root of why he hasn't had a solid relationship. I went through my own similar problems, and fortunately, I was able to [compartmentalize] it in my brain. Let's not forget that I went through an intensive ten-month rehabilitation process [to get over a heroin addiction]. The only way I could overcome that addiction was to deal with my deep-rooted problems. I wanted to put it out there and give it back to God and all that healthy stuff you're supposed to do.

You were friends, famously, with Michael Jackson. Are you worried that people will assume he did this to you?

People can say whatever they want, but it wasn't Michael. He and I have our own issues, but that wasn't one of them. The bottom line is, I know who it was. I didn't know how to cut him off. Not only did I continue being friends with the guy, but he was working for me.

Working for you?
The guy that did this to me was my assistant. He would come in when I was sleeping. I would wake up and I would know what was going on, but I would just try to ignore it and hope that he would go away, which is how kids who aren't ready to deal with something deal with it. I was still a virgin at the time. I hadn't even had sex with a girl. So for me it was just kind of bewildering. Despite what people think, I was actually very innocent and very naive at the time. I was your typical American kid.

Have you ever confronted him?
No. I haven't seen him since 1986.

The episode airs on A&E
6/25 10:30pm (Eastern)
6/26 2:30am (Eastern)
6/29 6:30pm (Eastern)

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#238665 - 07/17/08 02:23 PM Re: Corey Haim/Corey Fieldman: Survivors [Re: onlyakid]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Since seeing this post I have been keeping up to date on the shows and they have me completely glued.

You can really see the dynamic in Haim's behavior. His attempts to cope with his confusing and painful emotions, and his terrificly powerful attachment to Feldman. It seems like he is completely lost in a sort of "what happened to me" as well as "what keeps happening to me" victim state.

It wrenches my heart to see Haim's pain show so clearly through his behavior (at least to me).

It is also clear that Susie Feldman has no clue but she busies herself blanketing her opinion all over his behavior all the time. It's not her fault she doesn't understand but it would do Haim a world of good if she would keep her opinion to herself.

Poor guy, it's almost too much to watch.

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#238747 - 07/18/08 07:58 AM Re: Corey Haim/Corey Fieldman: Survivors [Re: cbfull]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
An entertainment industry insider once told me that CSA was/is rampant. He said, in a rather straight-forward manner that if you saw a cute kid in Hollywood being run-up the fame/fortune ladder, there was a very real chance that they were being abused by individuals with power and influence.

Given the evidence we see with these kids reaching adulthood with drug and alcohol addictions, I'd say he's right.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#238752 - 07/18/08 09:53 AM Re: Corey Haim/Corey Fieldman: Survivors [Re: Still]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I've often wondered about River Phoenix....one who didn't survive.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#238757 - 07/18/08 10:49 AM Re: Corey Haim/Corey Fieldman: Survivors [Re: BJK]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: BJK
I've often wondered about River Phoenix....one who didn't survive.

Bryan

I'm right there with you on that one, and have been for a long time.

Craig

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#238784 - 07/18/08 01:51 PM Re: Corey Haim/Corey Fieldman: Survivors [Re: cbfull]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#238785 - 07/18/08 01:54 PM Re: Corey Haim/Corey Fieldman: Survivors [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Child Stars Gone Wrong (from listafterlist.com)
INFORMATIVE

Tags: Lindsay, Lohan, Child, Stars, Drew, Barrymore, Corey, Feldman

Lindsay Lohan unfortunately just entered a new club, and one she may not want to be a part of. With her recent arrest, Lohan joins the long list of Hollywood child stars and their ongoing problems. Here is a a list of child stars that have faced problems sometimes more severe than Lohan faces now.

River Phoenix- one of the most promising young actors to come along in Hollywood since Marlon Brando died of a drug overdose at the age 23 in a Hollywood nightclub.

Drew Barrymore- Barrymore has rebounded over the years to the point where she is now a credible actress and producer, but at the age of 13 she entered rehab for drug and alcohol problems.

Corey Feldman- Part of the legendary "two corey's" duo of the 80's. The former Goonies star had to go to rehab for drug problems at the age of 19.

Danny Bonaduce- Before he was "breaking" it, the former Partridge Family star dealt with drug and alcohol abuse that had haunted him for years. He also had an unfortunate run-in with a transvestite prostitute in 1991.

Macaulay Culkin- Close friend of Michael Jackson and Home Alone legend Culkin had a brush with the law in 2004 when he was arrested for possession of marijuana and the pre>

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#238789 - 07/18/08 02:14 PM Re: Corey Haim/Corey Fieldman: Survivors [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#238790 - 07/18/08 02:16 PM Re: Corey Haim/Corey Fieldman: Survivors [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

And

Ex Meth Addict Jodie Sweetin Lastest Former Child Star To Admit Drug Problem

http://thebiz.fancast.com/2008/06/ex_meth_addict_jodie_sweetin_l.html

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#238791 - 07/18/08 02:18 PM Re: Corey Haim/Corey Fieldman: Survivors [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

And Danny Bonaduce??

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.