hi thomas, i did a quick check on the statistics of women who were also abused. this follows from a conversation with my daughter's girlfriend, and i got the statistics from rainn
the reason i am posting these is to show that, we seem to assume that women are unblemished themselves. these statistics show that anyone looking for a partner is most likely not going to find a perfect situation.
caveat: these statistics seem to be about 10 years old, but they give you a general idea of what kind of damaged goods is in the potential partner pool, so it's not just you.Who are the Victims?Breakdown by Gender and AgeWomen
1 out of every 6 American women have been the victims of an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime (14.8% completed rape; 2.8% attempted rape).
17.7 million American women have been victims of attempted or completed rape.
9 of every 10 rape victims were female in 2003.
While about 80% of all victims are white, minorities are somewhat more likely to be attacked.
Lifetime rate of rape /attempted rape for women by race:
* All women: 17.6%
* White women: 17.7%
* Black women: 18.8%
* Asian Pacific Islander women: 6.8%
* American Indian/Alaskan women: 34.1%
* Mixed race women: 24.4%Men
About 3% of American men — or 1 in 33 — have experienced an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime.
* In 2003, 1 in every ten rape victims were male.
* 2.78 million men in the U.S. have been victims of sexual assault or rape.
15% of sexual assault and rape victims are under age 12.
* 29% are age 12-17.
* 44% are under age 18.
* 80% are under age 30.
* 12-34 are the highest risk years.
* Girls ages 16-19 are 4 times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault.
7% of girls in grades 5-8 and 12% of girls in grades 9-12 said they had been sexually abused.
* 3% of boys grades 5-8 and 5% of boys in grades 9-12 said they had been sexually abused.
In 1995, local child protection service agencies identified 126,000 children who were victims of either substantiated or indicated sexual abuse.
* Of these, 75% were girls.
* Nearly 30% of child victims were between the age of 4 and 7.
93% of juvenile sexual assault victims know their attacker.
* 34.2% of attackers were family members.
* 58.7% were acquaintances.
* Only 7% of the perpetrators were strangers to the victim.
you are even less alone than you think! it just makes you wonder what keeps it all from falling apart?