Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jay1946, Mr. Malaise, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441785 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#232877 - 06/23/08 10:00 PM Kids Given 'Silly Pills' to Perform Sex Acts
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/kids-given-silly-pills-to-perform-sex/20080623082409990001

MINEOLA, Texas (June 22) - In the windowless front rooms of a former day care center in a tiny Texas community, children as young as 5 were fed powerful painkillers they knew as "silly pills" and forced to perform sex shows for a crowd of adults.

Two people have already been convicted in the case. Now a third person with ties to the club, previously known in town only as a swingers group, is set to go on trial Monday not far from Mineola, population 5,100.

"This really shook this town," said Shirley Chadwick, a longtime resident of Mineola. "This was horrible."

Patrick Kelly, 41, is charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child, tampering with physical evidence and engaging in organized criminal activity.

In all, six adults have been charged in connection with the case, including a parent of the three siblings involved.

Jurors this year deliberated less than five minutes before returning guilty verdicts against the first two defendants, who were accused of grooming the kids for sex shows in "kindergarten" classes and passing off Vicodin as "silly pills" to help the children perform.

Jamie Pittman and Shauntel Mayo were sentenced to life in prison. Kelly also faces a life sentence if convicted, and Smith County prosecutors hope for another swift verdict.

Thad Davidson, Kelly's attorney, said his client passed a lie-detector test proving his innocence and worries about getting a fair trial in Tyler, 25 miles southeast of Mineola, which is in Wood County.

"I think it's impossible to get a fair trial within 80 miles of Smith County," Davidson said.

Mineola, about 80 miles east of Dallas, is a close-knit, conservative bean-processing town of with more than 30 churches. Residents there want to put the scandal behind them as quickly as possible.

The one-story building where prosecutors say four children - the three siblings, now ages 12, 10 and 7, and their 10-year-old aunt - were trained to perform in front of an audience of 50 to 100 once a week has been vacant since the landlord ousted the alleged organizers in 2004.

Down a slight hill is a retirement home, and even closer is the office of the local newspaper. Doris Newman, editor of The Mineola Monitor, said rumors of swinger parties spread around town but that no one mentioned children being involved.

Newman, who can see the building from her office window, said she remembers the parking lot filling up with more than a dozen cars at night.

In August 2004, an editorial under the headline "Sex In the City" opined that if the swingers left quietly, "we'll try and forget they've infiltrated our town with their set of moral standards."

"It's not that we're trying to look the other way," Newman said. "But there's a lot more to Mineola than that."

According to a Mineola police report, the department first investigated a complaint in June 2005 in which the siblings' foster mother said one of the girls described dancing toward men and another child saying that "everybody does nasty stuff in there."

In the second trial, Child Protective Services caseworker Kristi Hachtel testified, "I've seen a lot and I never in my wildest dreams imagined this. They were preyed upon in probably one of the most heinous ways possible."

The children are now doing better, the welfare agency said.

"Through counseling and therapy sessions, these children are now finally feeling secure and safe," agency spokeswoman Shari Pulliam wrote in an e-mail.

Permanent custody of the three siblings was given to John and Margie Cantrell. This week, prosecutors in California charged John Cantrell with sexually assaulting a child in the state 18 years ago. Margie Cantrell said her husband is innocent.

Kelly's attorney moved Friday asking to postpone the trial in light of the allegations against Cantrell, a state witness. Texas Child Protective Services said it would be "common" for the agency to investigate.

The Rev. Tim Letsch is opening a church in the yellow-plastered building where the children were abused. He acknowledges that building a congregation might be difficult because of the stigma attached to the property.

"You got to decide whether you're willing to forgive those kind of things," Letsch said. "It's a hard deal. Especially for a spiritual person to walk in and say, 'This happened here."'

#232879 - 06/23/08 10:07 PM Re: Kids Given 'Silly Pills' to Perform Sex Acts [Re: Jarrad]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dupe. See my post last night. Merge??

#232881 - 06/23/08 10:13 PM Re: Kids Given 'Silly Pills' to Perform Sex Acts [Re: testingWaters]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
oh. my bad.

#232892 - 06/23/08 11:08 PM Re: Kids Given 'Silly Pills' to Perform Sex Acts [Re: Jarrad]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hmmm. A quick google search on "child abuse" and "vicodin" leads to a personal web page in which a father is railing against Child Protective Services for accusing him of endangering the welfare of his child who had "accidentally" ingested some Vicodin.

How incredible that his page includes its first link to, you guessed it, the False Memory Syndrome Foundation.

#232912 - 06/24/08 12:04 AM Re: Kids Given 'Silly Pills' to Perform Sex Acts [Re: Jarrad]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
There's SO much Fkd-up stuff going on with this I don't know where to begin.

Quote:

The one-story building where prosecutors say four children - the three siblings, now ages 12, 10 and 7, and their 10-year-old aunt - were trained to perform in front of an audience of 50 to 100 once a week...

No mention of finding these sick bastards. And HOW the fk are there THAT many totally sick monsters in Shit-Kicker, TX that would attend these things....and not report it....and NOT rescue these kids?

Quote:

Mineola, about 80 miles east of Dallas, is a close-knit, conservative bean-processing town of with more than 30 churches. Residents there want to put the scandal behind them as quickly as possible....

In August 2004, an editorial under the headline "Sex In the City" opined that if the swingers left quietly, "we'll try and forget they've infiltrated our town with their set of moral standards."

"It's not that we're trying to look the other way," Newman said. "But there's a lot more to Mineola than that."

"SWINGERS?" No you stupid shit-kicker....they are called criminal pedophiles.

"we'll try and forget they've infiltrated our town with their set of moral standards." You dumb-ass, beauty-parlor red-neck bitch! They ain't moral standards! Its called "CRIME"
Its not like a bunch of danged-ole Democrats moved in with "differing political views."

Ok Ms. Newman. Fuck you and Fuck your town's precious image problem! Get your mind off your property values and try giving an ounce of care about those kids you forget to mention.

And bitch, I don't wanna know any more about yer fkg town. There's a reason it went on in Mineola...You ought to be asking yourself "what made our little corner of Shitsville so attractive to baby rapers" in the first place?

Quote:
The Rev. Tim Letsch is opening a church in the yellow-plastered building where the children were abused. He acknowledges that building a congregation might be difficult because of the stigma attached to the property.

"You got to decide whether you're willing to forgive those kind of things," Letsch said....

Well TIM....no one will EVER accuse YOU of being the brightest little bulb on the Mineola tree this Christmas.

And BTW...Timmy...Its not up to you to forgive a damn thing! Its up to those four kids. You and Mineola might want to view the movie High Plains Drifter before those kids grow up.

Sorry for the raging rant all....you know me and towns that enable, look the other way and sweep sweep sweep shit under the rug.

PS:

Dear President Bush,

Please be advised that Mineola, TX is willing to take an active and direct role in any future surface testing of Nuclear (Nucular) weapons.

Still's Globs

New Video

#232935 - 06/24/08 02:13 AM Re: Kids Given 'Silly Pills' to Perform Sex Acts [Re: Still]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Once in a Cleveland suburb there was a nice suburban house where a murder had taken place. Despite extensive cleaning and fix-up, it sat vacant with a for sale sign in front of it for over 3 years before someone bought it, at a low-ball price, just to tear it down. In its place a small private park and a small shrine was put in by the city government and private donors.

End of the story.

TM

#232936 - 06/24/08 02:19 AM Re: Kids Given 'Silly Pills' to Perform Sex Acts [Re: Trucker51]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

Good point and nice reminder T51. Thank you.

#233055 - 06/24/08 11:48 AM Re: Kids Given 'Silly Pills' to Perform Sex Acts [Re: testingWaters]
Thomas J Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
i agree with u robbie the ppl n that town act like its all about them. what about the kids. they shld arrest everybody there cuz if there that close u cant tell me nobody else knew so the whole is GUILTY. TJ

#233085 - 06/24/08 01:17 PM Re: Kids Given 'Silly Pills' to Perform Sex Acts [Re: Thomas J]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
(No offense meant toward our more religiously inclined posters, but i couldn't help this train of thought) Let's see; a church for every 170 people in God-fearing Mineola, Texas- and yet, horrible things STILL happened. With, apparently, an eager audience of 50-100 a week. Somehow, i'm not so sure "infiltrators" are quite the primary issue here, O little town of Mineola...

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#233089 - 06/24/08 01:41 PM Re: Kids Given 'Silly Pills' to Perform Sex Acts [Re: Thomas J]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: Thomas J
i agree with u robbie the ppl n that town act like its all about them. what about the kids. they shld arrest everybody there cuz if there that close u cant tell me nobody else knew so the whole is GUILTY. TJ

Consider this:

Mineola is a contained, close-knit, conservative social unit (AKA a town) containing an astounding concentration of religious persons. There was/is evidence of extreme child abuse.

Let's think back on the last couple of times we heard that: Hmmmm....OH yeah!! The Mormon compound!!!

What did Texas do to that Mormon compound that was a close-knit, social unit of religious zealots, with anonymous evidence of child abuse? They arrested the whole crew and confiscated the children.

The Branch Davidians of Waco; Same thing...but the US Govt burned them all alive.

So why is Mineola not getting raided in dramatic TV fashion?

Still's Globs

New Video

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.