Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 59 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62492 Topics
438008 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#232638 - 06/22/08 09:58 PM :) a tribute to the innocents within us all...
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

i remember, as the young, innocent boy i always was within a sense of awe and wonder of the world. in particular, i remember the day when as that boy, my mental jaw dropped in even more wonder as i realized that only so little as 50-60 years ago, our wonderful world finally knew color. it was amazing to my young mind the transition that must have happened. what a wonderful time to have been alive...to wake one day from a world literally in black and white to one of glorious color :O...i envied those who live through such a beautiful transition. it was only later, in my adolescence, that i finally made the connection between the advent of color film over the prior black and white lol. it was almost as though i lost santa or the easter bunny :D. but to this day, i celebrate the innocence of that wonderful boy who only had reverent awe of the world, even in the midst of the terror he knew. i offer this thread...let us pay tribute to those innocents within and share their awe...

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#232861 - 06/23/08 09:32 PM Re: :) a tribute to the innocents within us all... [Re: theo]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Why do we have such a sense of loss over CSA?

It's traumatic to us. Is it as though we are born with a sense of innocense that gets shattered with abuse?

What is innocence?

The dictionary says: 1. A person, especially a child, who is free of evil or sin. 2. A simple, guileless, inexperienced, or unsophisticated person. 3. A very young child.

Are we like a precious glass object when we are born that gets
hopelessly shattered when we are caused to fall?

Who can put humpty dumpty together?

Puffer

#232868 - 06/23/08 09:41 PM Re: :) a tribute to the innocents within us all... [Re: pufferfish]
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

puffer,
the innocence was never lost...to me, this is a journey to rediscovering the innocence that yet remains within and embracing it as it always should have been \:\)

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.