Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 61 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62560 Topics
438338 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#232757 - 06/23/08 12:21 PM But For The Grace Of God.....
HurtinginMD Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cranston, RI
Dedicated to my first friend here

Proverbs tells us "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief." What makes a person righteous is not the fact that they never mess up. What makes them righteous is the fact that they can mess up and get back up, brush themselves off, and keep going. Its like a boxing match as long a you keep getting up you can still win. God is like the father of the prodigal son waiting with open arms to restore and redeem. So why aren't all his children like that?

Why is it that when a brother goes through a tough time and stumbles that many of us who name Christ as our savior are so quick to kick the wounded? I find it amazing that if the story of the women caught in adultery was to happen today most of us would be the pharisees holding the stones instead of Jesus forgiving the woman. Why do people want to cut someone off as soon as a mistake is made? This should not be!

We need to remember the words of Paul in Galatians 6 "Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself." We are all saved by grace and not by any works that we have done. We would do well to remember that.

D.L. Moody was walking through a city with a local pastor when they happened upon a drunk man laying in the gutter. The pastor began to remark about the man's condition and how the man was a nuissance and an embarrasment to the community. Moody looked at the pastor and said, "But for the grace of God there goes D. L. Moody" The truth is we could throw rocks but if it wasn't for God's grace we would be in the same place as though who have stumbled. And once again we would do well to remember that. Reach out in love and restore.. That's what God wants us to do.

Derek (HurtinginMD in chat)

p.s. this is not a commentary on the decisions of the moderators of this site....it is a commentary on the actions of the rest of us.

Edited by DB (06/23/08 02:13 PM)

#233456 - 06/25/08 12:21 PM Re: But For The Grace Of God..... [Re: HurtinginMD]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Christians are the only group who shot their wounded.

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#233667 - 06/26/08 05:17 AM Re: But For The Grace Of God..... [Re: michael banks]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
We can love one another or we can judge on another. I don't believe any of us can ever do both.

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.