Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (Scott1962, Drummer, Jay1159), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63798 Topics
445510 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#232070 - 06/20/08 02:26 AM Re: is rape harder for men than women [Re: An]
An Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: usa
Tw- i couldn't get back to sleep with the thoughts that my first post could be taken that way so i just had to get up and delete it. It really bothered me that it could in anyway be taken that I meant males were active in intention more than females, it was too troubling and I am so glad you shared your reaction. I could have tired to modify it but I just wanted to step as far away as I could from that perception and so just completely deleted a post for the first time. thank you again for letting me know-

#232073 - 06/20/08 02:43 AM Re: is rape harder for men than women [Re: An]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

oh no. i am so sorry. i was definitely "interpreting" it to point out that it could be read that way. but i was certainly not claiming (or feeling) any sort of malevolence on your part. its just that, in our culture, we are trained from day one to see male/female as so essentially different. and it becomes really natural to make comparisons about how and why we are different.

but please, get some sleep and understand that i meant no harm or hurt or anything. your posts were very honest and they shouldn't bring you any discomfort. much love, tw

#232301 - 06/20/08 10:43 PM Re: is rape harder for men than women [Re: mara]
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Hi all, I have been away for a while. I think that Rape is hard on anybody. CSA to me is very different than rape. I think that I was lucky that I did not experience CSA. I think that I was lucky that I was not raped by someone that I knew and loved. Yes I was lucky that I was raped by a stranger. I was lucky that it only happened once.
I had to make the decision do I continue to struggle and die, or do I stop struggling and live. When it was all done with, I knew I had made the wrong choose. Even today there are times when I am sure I made the wrong choose.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.