Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443347 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#232019 - 06/19/08 10:15 PM C&P exam requested ....3 months ago......why have
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
am still waiting to hear from VA from a claim i filed almost a year ago yet i have already taken
2 exams for my SC disability yet i had such exams for the same disorder however i called the Va
today and another time last week and 2 different people told me 2 different reasons...

1) Sir you're exam is completed and is on it's way to the rating board

2) yet another one tells me there is no way someone told you this because Va is waiting for the results from your exams back in april

Why am i getting one answer from one person yet told something entirely different from another person it's obvious the left hand has no clue what the right hand is doing and the communication is alot to be desired.........tick tock tick tock tick tock.....

Finally i was told today that another exam was requested and i am thinking it can only be for PTSD however said request was made ( are you ready for this)
back in march ....why, and if it is an exam for PTSD am i not hearing nor recieivng anything in writing ,,,???

and if thats the case ,yet i know the VA is crippled with backlogged claims ....how can this get so misconstrued and the veteran ( myself) is the one who waits and waits and waits yet again.

Who knows........i'll wait afterall i have no control over the "process" all i can do is my part..............be patient.

Coopstah

#232129 - 06/20/08 09:15 AM Re: C&P exam requested ....3 months ago......why have [Re: thecoopstah]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
I went through this process myself. Down here, the C&P psych examiner is a jerk. First thing you do is go to the VA Medical Center where you had the exam done and go to the medical records office and see if he has dictated his report. Tell them the date and type of exam and they will look it up. GET A COPY OF IT! You have a right to it! Then, if possible, go to the VA Regional Office with that copy and ask to see someone there. Have them look at your file and have them tell you what their screen shows. If they are waiting on the exam, show them your copy. If they take a copy from you, great. If not, then at least you know it's trapped in the mail. Better yet, get a vets organization to do the legwork for you. Join the American Legion, DAV, etc. They can be really good.
Keep the faith

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.