Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
3 registered (OxfordArms, 1islandboy, 1 invisible), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63562 Topics
444094 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#232061 - 06/20/08 01:21 AM A Series of Unfortunate Events
rehpotsirhcs Offline
MaleSurvivor

So when I became hungry around dinner time, as usual, I went to my mother and whined about it. We all decided to have a pizza delivered because it is easy, fast, and I love pizza. So after the call was made for the delivery my parents went outside to enjoy the evening. I decided to go for a walk before the pizza arrived. I locked the door on my way out and took about 10 steps before I realized that I had locked the door . This was a big mistake because my house key was inside, as were my parents, and also all of our spare keys.

I locked us out of the house. So we walked over to a neighbor's house and asked to use the phone. A girl answered - she was about a year younger than me. She handed us her cell phone and waited around with us until we located a key. Who is a person who has a key and time to come and open our door? MY GRANDMOTHER! I guess to punish me for locking us out of the house, I was the one who got to speak with her. She is an old woman who thinks the anti-christ is amongst us. She's insane.

We got home and she came quickly, opened the door, and stood outside and talked to me for what felt like hours. I was being eaten up by misquitoes (spelling?) and feeling bored to tears. When I finally got rid of her and was able to get inside the house I found that the pizza place had already come and missed us. So I had to call back and have them re-deliver it. When the guy got to the house with the pizza, (I think he was deaf) he had trouble understanding about the payment. I was supposed to give the lady on the phone my step-dad's credit card payment. So I had to call back... but GUESS WHAT?! The lady on the phone said don't worry about the payment- the pizza is free. I think she felt sorry for me that I had to call her three or four times. She remembered my name.

Anyways.... that was an adventure. Thanks for letting me rant.

#232063 - 06/20/08 01:26 AM Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events [Re: rehpotsirhcs]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
ahhhh.. the day in a life of a teenager. must be nice if that is a series of unfortunate events for you... i miss those days...

#232064 - 06/20/08 01:30 AM Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events [Re: rehpotsirhcs]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Christopher,

Did you at least tip the deliveryman????

I mean he made two trips to your house, and with gas prices, it cost him a fortune.

Just wondering...

former pizza delivery guy,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#232065 - 06/20/08 01:42 AM Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events [Re: Jarrad]
rehpotsirhcs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Jarrad
must be nice if that is a series of unfortunate events for you...

Considering that I spend most of my days sleeping and eating, this was a HUGE adventure! Something exciting FINALLY happened. I have a sad life. I really do.

#232066 - 06/20/08 01:47 AM Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events [Re: Scoutvictim]
rehpotsirhcs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Scoutvictim

Did you at least tip the deliveryman????

If I had thought about it I would have given him all of my savings (25 cents) that I have, but I was in such a rush. Although, I did look very cute when I opened the door and I smiled at him.

#232072 - 06/20/08 02:40 AM Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events [Re: rehpotsirhcs]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Chris:

Next time that happens call a locksmith. It will cost $50-$60, but it will save you most of the emotional discontent. Or maybe put a spare key somewhere, like in a tool box out in the garage, or maybe at the bottom of a coffee can full of drill bits or nails. Then you will always have a spare key if you need one. Put it somewhere that no one would think to look for it at.

I have been refering to the tip lately as fuel surcharge. Most deliverymen are really happy when you call it that.

Trucker Mark

#232078 - 06/20/08 03:20 AM Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events [Re: Trucker51]
Nyjah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Haha. Ooops. Adventures are always fun...like being chased by crazy dogs.

#232097 - 06/20/08 07:27 AM Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events [Re: Nyjah]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Chris,

I'm sorry to see you isolating to this extent. Really. It's a way to numb out and I guess in a way that helps us to feel we are escaping from our troubles, at least for a short while. The problem is that this feeling of relief never lasts.

It's summertime and there are a million cool things to go out and do, so many ideas you can explore. You are already doing some of this with your drawing and painting and I hope you will continue with that. But what else can you do? Perhaps you can talk about this with your mom and step-dad, also with your T.

From my own experience I can tell you that isolating was the easiest thing in the world for me to do when I was in a bad spot, but it was also the strategy that caused me the greatest harm. I didn't see that until I managed to break free and was able to look back.

The bitch of it all, Chris, is that others can't do this for us. It's something we have to want for ourselves. Somehow we have to find the energy and strength within us to pick ourselves up and get started. I know you have both.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#232235 - 06/20/08 03:19 PM Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events [Re: roadrunner]
rehpotsirhcs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Give me ideas, Larry, and I'd be happy to do something. I'd do ANYTHING! I would love to not be isolated at home all day. Drawing and painting are fun, but I'd really rather be around people in some way. I'm really not in contact with a lot of people this summer and it is not healthy for me. I feel alone.

#232256 - 06/20/08 06:53 PM Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events [Re: rehpotsirhcs]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Chris,

I of course don't know how things are in your local area, but I bet there are lots of activities that would be fun. Do you like swimming, for example? How about joining a local swim club? Are you into music or would you like to learn an instrument? Lots of places have group lessons for teens. How about a photo club? Can you dance? Would you like to learn? Find a place that has lessons and go with Emily - ought to be a blast.

There are lot of ways to find out what's available: local press, the Internet, your school. With a little bit of looking I bet you will find a ton of possibilities.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.