Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
5 registered (BraveFalcon, dew, aniceguy, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64151 Topics
447628 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#232459 - 06/21/08 08:54 PM Re: sans logos says.......5 [food;local sia group] [Re: Sans Logos]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
...... to listen

#232467 - 06/21/08 09:43 PM Re: sans logos says.......5 [food;local sia group] [Re: Sans Logos]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Ron:

That has been one of the hardest things to accept in my recovery is that it is a life long process that will never end. I have learned that I will become healthier in one area of my recovery such as with using drugs and alcohol. And things will be real good for awhile. Then I will become aware of other areas in my life that I am not functioning well in. So I have to address this area and learn to become more mature in this area of life. But I believe that is what is called life and everybody goes throught it. For along time I choose to to stay in my dis-ease because I was afraid of change or being totally honest with myself about my own behaviors. What happened in the past was not my fault because I was a child who should have been protected and not abused by the adults in my life. But my behaviors and choices that I make today good or bad our my responsibly.

one day at a time
Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#232728 - 06/23/08 08:15 AM Re: sans logos says....... 6 [ 1st sia mtg tonite] [Re: Sans Logos]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

...... to listen

#232938 - 06/24/08 02:44 AM Re: sans logos says....... 6 [ 1st sia mtg tonite] [Re: Sans Logos]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Ron:

Hope that your new group goes well. Let us know how it went. Hope that you can find your keys and your wallet too. It took me 15 minutes this morning to find both when I had a deadline looming. A couple of days ago it took me two days to find my ring of house keys on the floor of my wife's car.

It is not so bad though. One big mall in Cleveland once released some security video of some people who had lost their cars in the parking lot. All eight sides of the mall looked substantially the same from the outside. Some of these people had to walk sideways around the parking lot for over an hour just to find their cars.

Hope that it works out for you, my man.

Mark

#233418 - 06/25/08 08:05 AM sans logos says....... 7 [12 steps of SIA] [Re: Sans Logos]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

...... to listen

#233957 - 06/26/08 10:30 PM Re: sans logos says....... 7 [12 steps of SIA] [Re: Sans Logos]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Maybe if I had a keychain like that it would make it easier to find my keys when it is time to go.

#234600 - 06/30/08 08:18 AM sans logos says [8...the courage to change] [Re: Sans Logos]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

...... to listen

#234843 - 07/01/08 02:40 AM Re: sans logos says [8...the courage to change] [Re: Sans Logos]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Originally Posted By: Sans Logos

that is, if you call groveling in the dust progress. because that's where i am at this moment in my life. any you know what, i don't mind it. i realize it is just a resting place along the way, and that i can't live here for the rest of my daze. the process keeps unfolding.

I would call it progress. I might be turning into Taoism's version of a bible thumper sort of, but I just have to quote this:

He who stands on tiptoe is not steady.
He who strides cannot maintain the pace.
(from the Tao Te Ching)

Sometimes having to take things easy or even indulge in a little vice now and then (I smoke herb too) is giving ourselves the slack we need to keep going where if we were to expect perfection of ourselves we might end up coming apart from our own expectations of ourselves.

#234902 - 07/01/08 10:22 AM sans logos says: [#9 beautiful uniontown area] [Re: Sans Logos]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

...... to listen

#236930 - 07/09/08 08:06 AM sans logos says [Re: Sans Logos]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.