Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
1 registered (bluesky), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63218 Topics
442045 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#231789 - 06/19/08 01:31 AM I don't usually get this deep...
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
but this might be as deep as it gets...

http://www.anvari.org/cols/Deepest_Pool_in_the_World/

#231801 - 06/19/08 03:54 AM Re: I don't usually get this deep... [Re: frost]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have, to put it mildly, a fear of water. That's kind of a contradictory situation because I'm also an excellent swimmer. However, I just freak out when I find myself in water that is deeper than I can tough even though I'm capable of treading water for hours.

At any rate, when I viewed these pictures, I could feel my heart flutter. No way am I stepping foot in that pool.

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#231806 - 06/19/08 04:21 AM Re: I don't usually get this deep... [Re: BJK]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I lived lakefront on a 400-acre lake in Michigan for 10 years, my aunt and uncle live lakefront on Lake Champlain in the summer, and my mom and stepdad just sold a place lakefront on Lake Arrowhead. So water isn't my problem. I used to swim, sail, and waterski in deep water. Used to drive our snowmobiles on the ice too, just like the Ice Road Truckers. After all, "an 18-wheeler is just a big snowmobile". And I have rolled a snowmobile twice, and a 3-wheel golf cart once, but never a car or a semi.

Being underground is not one of my favorites though. Several times now, in Missouri and Kansas, I have had to drive a semi inside a cave. I have driven several miles underground before, the last time to deliver 43,000 lbs of onions to an underground warehouse west of Kansas City. Some of the caves are well lit, this one is not. And then once you go inside of the warehouse, the ceiling is nothing but carved-out rock. And I start looking up at that rock and I realize that there is a billion tons of earth right over my head. I swear, that isn't cool.

Anybody else got an unusual fear or thing that bothers them?

TM

#231846 - 06/19/08 11:23 AM Re: I don't usually get this deep... [Re: Trucker51]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Bri,

This one reminds me of the time I was snorkeling with some friends in the Florida Keys. We came to the edge of the reef and I was floating above this "dark water". I asked the instructor why the water under me looked so black and he replied that I had passed the edge of the reef - from there it was straight down for 1000 feet!

Man did I ever hustle my buns back to that reef! \:D That was the first inkling I had that I was afraid of depths. Never again!

Much hyperventilating,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#231853 - 06/19/08 11:32 AM Re: I don't usually get this deep... [Re: frost]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

gig boofy grin

#232307 - 06/20/08 11:19 PM Re: I don't usually get this deep... [Re: ineffable]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Now all that they need in that pool are a few little barracudas swimming around. In the lake that I grew-up on, there were carp over 3 feet long, and a guy down at the marina once caught an 8 lb. bass off of the dock. Another buddy caught two walleye in the 28-30 inch range right off of the shore of Lake Eire at I-90 and East 72nd street in Cleveland. And the same guy once caught two lake trout that were almost as big in some little lake near Apsley, Ontario. I think a few big game fish would do wonders for that pool.

Maybe they could have a tropical storm feature too.

TM

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.