Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63561 Topics
444084 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#231585 - 06/18/08 02:29 AM Wow, the cast rotates fast.
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

I haven't been here in almost 5 months and I don't recognize anyone really.

But hey, someone who knows me will see this in time, right? (love to Frost and FormerTexan esp. - both of whom I should really take the time to write personally and will soon.....).

Well, its been awhile. I feel like I have been through hell several times over in the past few months. But I think it was necessary.

Last December I was forced to acknowledge (see old threads) that I am quite a bit more dissociative than I ever admitted. Doing so was the scariest thing I have ever done, but finally cracked the barrier towards real progress. Over the ensuing months, I've discovered parts of myself I didn't know existed. Like the very, very little guy who cries when he so much as thinks of Winnie the Pooh, and the daredevil who thinks riding his motorcycle fairly drunk is a good way to find some excitement (no comments about that one please - it was a one time thing and won't happen again).

Anyways, I've made a great deal of progress, I like to think. My understanding of things like boundaries, projection and self-sabotage has deepened considerable. I am learning to be alot more honest with the people around me and working slowly but surely on becoming healthily autonomous and much less reactive.

On the downside (well, actually, speaking of it has helped alot), I've finally opened up to my therapist and a fine friend I made at Alta about the very scary parts of the abuse. I am slowly teaching myself to talk about it and I am noticing that, when I do, alot falls in to place in the rest of my life.

Love to all y'all. If you are new and we never met before, welcome - you have found a truly exceptional resource.

Best, TW

#231586 - 06/18/08 02:35 AM Re: Wow, the cast rotates fast. [Re: testingWaters]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
TW!

Man you've been on my thoughts much. I hope you follow through on that message \:\)

Sounds like we've been on a similar path albeit in different parts of the world.

Now more than ever we should catch up.
~Bri

#231587 - 06/18/08 02:36 AM Re: Wow, the cast rotates fast. [Re: frost]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just sent a PM!

#231601 - 06/18/08 04:32 AM Re: Wow, the cast rotates fast. [Re: testingWaters]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, TW.

Been away a few months myself, and it's good to see a familiar face.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#231604 - 06/18/08 04:42 AM Re: Wow, the cast rotates fast. [Re: BJK]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

Me too, Bryan. I am very pleased to see you are still here and still committed to dealing with stuff. PM anytime.

#231623 - 06/18/08 09:37 AM Re: Wow, the cast rotates fast. [Re: testingWaters]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
hi tw, thanks for posting.

i too am just returning after being away for quite a long time. it is good to be back, and glad to know that while the names and faces do change, the essence of male survivor remain ever the same.

i look forward to sharing more experience strength and hope of this journey with you.

peace and blessings and welcome,

ron

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.