Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (cant_remember, traveler, Ocellaris, highflight), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443109 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#231113 - 06/15/08 10:20 AM . [Re: Sans Logos]
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 04:51 PM)

#231438 - 06/17/08 05:07 AM Re: A Question For the Senior Recovery Types: [Re: Sans Logos]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Ron:

I have already saved $40 on one hotel room and $20 on two others with my AARP card. Recently I got carded somewhere and I showed them the card, and they didn't even look at it, because they knew how old you've got to be to get one. Plus you can get discounts on term life and as much as several hundred Dollars off on your auto insurance too. And just think: It is only 8.5 years until I can withdraw from my whole life and my retirement plan, and only 11 years until I could get half of my social security! But is $2,400/month enough to live on when my $1,500/month home mortgage isn't yet paid? I could sell my place, and with the equity hide-out in a double-wide for the rest of my life. But is that what I want to do?

I have lived 1,000 or more miles away from my parents for over 20 of the last 25 years. My dad has been gone for over 9 years now, and my step-dad finally went last summer. I made a lot of progress on this issue, but now with several out-of-my-control stressors going on at the same time I've noticed that I have begun to slip on this one issue. Plus I have untreated ADD for more than 10 years now, with a similar reaction which recently has become more acute. Some of it may be a drug interaction to Interferon too.

Thanks for your visionary post. To hear your story and see that you have made it a bit further is helpful. I need to learn a different way to react. I'm going to see a therapist tomorrow for the first time in over 8 years. Was just looking for a bit more understanding of this issue before I got there. Was trying to go over a summary of my story in my head tonight. Hope that I won't waste all of his time trying to get all of my issues out. I'll try to let you guys know how I did and where it ended up. Thanks again for your help.

Mark

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.