Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
3 registered (petercorbett, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447618 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#231100 - 06/15/08 07:57 AM "Punishment" ends in death, murder charges
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Parents charged in son's death

Quote:
MACCLESFIELD - For disobeying his parents, a 13-year-old Edgecombe County boy was tied to a tree overnight two times this week.

On Thursday afternoon, he was found there unresponsive, his wrists bruised from the plastic ties that bound him. The boy was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was declared dead.

The boy's father, Brice Brian McMillan, 41, and stepmother, Sandra Elizabeth McMillan, 36, were charged with first-degree murder and felony child abuse. They were being held without bail Friday in Edgecombe County's jail.

Edgecombe County Sheriff James Knight said Friday that Brice McMillan told deputies that the boy had been disobedient on Tuesday. McMillan said he tried to discipline his son, who still wouldn't listen, so the child was tied to a tree in the family's yard overnight.

Knight said the boy was tied with plastic ties akin to handcuffs. "There were other things on the body that led us to believe they used something different" in addition to the plastic ties, he said.

Sick!

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#231119 - 06/15/08 10:43 AM Re: "Punishment" ends in death, murder charges [Re: melliferal]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
It will be interesting to see how this trial plays out. I hope they throw the book at these pseudo-parents. Thanks for posting this Mell.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#231158 - 06/15/08 02:55 PM Re: "Punishment" ends in death, murder charges [Re: roadrunner]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Man, my heart just breaks for that poor kid, thinking about how he must have felt out there in the night alone. No punishment will be enough for those two sadists of so-called "parents" that did this to him.

#231167 - 06/15/08 03:46 PM Re: "Punishment" ends in death, murder charges [Re: EGL]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Goodness me. That's about the sorriest thing I've read in a long time. I can think of no punishment that would meet the extremity of this crime...

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.