Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
5 registered (jq19712, TMC, royjay, I Want 2 Thrive, Mike Boyd), 64 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62563 Topics
438366 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#231088 - 06/15/08 04:34 AM Possible Story (I don't know. I'm just bored)
rehpotsirhcs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Describe Chester? Begin with water. He lives with his 14-year old in a cozy two-bedroom house on a lake shore. His weekend cabin sits on a narrow ridge between a river and another lake. There are two small boats for fishing, duck hunting or just floating in silence through God's beautiful creation. Chester attends services regularly and tries to live each day with a servant's heart. The three greatest grandkids in the world sadly live half a world away in Germany with their military parents but his at-home teen keeps him hopping. He likes hard work both physical and mental. He dons a Hart Shaffner Marx when necessary but much prefers Levis and a camouflage t-shirt. Honesty is not the best policy- it's his only policy. There is one quite large dog, Midnight, of questionable lineage, who pretty much gets what he wants (except house privileges). He reads a lot and has accumulated a fairly extensive book collection. Movies can be fun either out or at home- but he tends to eat far too much popcorn in either venue. Occasional outings to the baseball stadium and hockey at the Arena are part of his life. He enjoys almost all music with emphasis on classic or soft rock (Stones, Elton John, Credence, Clapton, Eagles, etc.). But, you won't find him dancing unless it is in the den while waiting on the steaks to arrive at a perfectly grilled condition. Chester is a much-blessed man. If you asked him about his life he would tell you how perfectly content he is. He would say, "I can't complain." This statement is, of course, absolutely true. He does not complain about life but he does hide a secret from most of the world. He even hides the secret from his 14-year old.

#231096 - 06/15/08 06:21 AM Re: Possible Story (I don't know. I'm just bored) [Re: rehpotsirhcs]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Chris,

I hope you will think about this story more. Chester is clearly a good man and as you say, much-blessed. Clearly his story will be an important one, and it's one you need to tell.

What's especially significant is that you have the power to change the story. Chester doesn't have to be the man with a terrible secret that gets between him and the boy who loves him and needs him to be there for him. The secret can be broken; it's not Chester's secret in the first place.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#231166 - 06/15/08 03:41 PM Re: Possible Story (I don't know. I'm just bored) [Re: roadrunner]
rehpotsirhcs Offline
MaleSurvivor

As much as I'd like for Chester and his boy to love each other for all eternity, I can't possibly write a story like that. Who lives in a perfect world?

It's not what you think. Chester's secret is not sexual abuse. I'm not going to tell you what the secret is, but I will tell you that I am going to introduce sexual abuse in the story. Afterall, abuse is a part of most everyone's reality.

YOu are right, Larry, in that this is a story I need to tell. It's a very important story.

#231169 - 06/15/08 03:50 PM Re: Possible Story (I don't know. I'm just bored) [Re: rehpotsirhcs]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Chris, you really do have a command of language and writing. I hope you'll pursue this and continue to tell this story. You have a gift that needs to be used. During my college days, my major was journalism for a period of time because I wanted to be a writer, so I understand how wonderful it is that you can do this. So continue on with the story, I'm all ears, man!

#231179 - 06/15/08 04:32 PM Re: Possible Story (I don't know. I'm just bored) [Re: rehpotsirhcs]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Chris,

Originally Posted By: rehpotsirhcs
You are right, Larry, in that this is a story I need to tell. It's a very important story.

Do tell it in your own way and in your own time. You will know when things feel right. We are all ready to hear you and believe me, your story is important to us too.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#232392 - 06/21/08 11:15 AM Re: Possible Story (I don't know. I'm just bored) [Re: roadrunner]
River Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Nashville,Tennessee
Chris,

You are very talented. I believe that the gift you have for writing is very special. I agree with the others... tell the story... whatever it is. Tap into the deep places and let it flow! Seek out others to help you develop it to it's fullest level. I was excited to read this little excerpt. You had told me that you wrote stories, but at that time were not ready to share. Thank you for sharing this little piece with us. It is amazing how much you are growing and changing!

Glynn

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.