Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (watzupwitu, Obi, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63558 Topics
444054 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#230937 - 06/14/08 12:33 PM tired, but in a good way?
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Well, what's happening this week is odd. Sinse my really awful few days last weekend, I've felt generally good, ---- in fact I've got my parents staying at the moment, and they've both commented on how much better i seem.

the weerd thing is though, how tired I've been all week. not exhausted, not dropping, just a mild warm fuzzy feeling and the sense that I have to occasionally just curl up and exist for a while, ---- heck I've even slept moderately properly.

I'll be fine, feel well for a while, and then just get to a point where I want to go and ease off and slee. take last night. My parents turned up to stay. I spent a fairly nice evening, but went to bed at half past nine, ---- even though I'd woken at eight the previous morning.

i've spent a pretty good day, going round a local museum with my dad, but it's half past five in the afternoon and I'm already feeling a bit out.

is this just because I'm getting used to feeling more and it's taking more energy?

This isn't a problem, ---- I'd much rather feel good for short periods and then tired, rather than feel good for short periods and then bloody awful, I'm just slightly confused about what's happening, and I don't like the feeling of being out of control this gives.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can someone give me a clue to what's going on?

#230998 - 06/14/08 05:50 PM Re: tired, but in a good way? [Re: dark empathy]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Luke,

Part of this may be depression. That's a condition that hits many survivors, and one symptom of it is profound weariness. That is, everything seems to be an effort and even though you may feel good, you just feel so tired.

That's just an idea that came to me, but clearly this is something to raise in therapy. If there's a pattern to this then it's probably something that can be resolved by working with your T.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.