Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
3 registered (sadclown, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63218 Topics
442045 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#230748 - 06/13/08 03:28 PM what i miss/need/crave most
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
close, intimate physical contact
sex? not necessarily
but the warmth of another

i don't know how much longer this relationship with my wife is going to last. it's like neither of us wants to admit that we're tired of things as they are - but we both understand things are not getting any better. not between us. her life goes on. mine goes on. but "us" just doesn't exist anymore.

i used to think i could be a hermit. well, i might live in the middle of a major metropolis - but i AM, in most ways, living the life of a hermit. and it's killing me.

this is definitely a lesson in "how to be completely alone in the midst of others"...

M&m

#230750 - 06/13/08 03:38 PM Re: what i miss/need/crave most [Re: MarkK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mark,

If things are that bad perhaps it's time for a talk - just sitting down and discussing how things are, how you feel, what you both want, what you can and cannot give to the task of redeeming the relationship, and indeed - whether you want to see the relationship continue. Perhaps the sad truth is that things are beyond that.

My wife and I had a talk like that some years ago. I was falling apart for reasons I did not yet understand, and she had well and truly had it. But of course there were two sides to the problem - there always are. Somehow I managed to see - and suggest - that we needed to address the problem and not just contest to see who would win the latest argument. We had to decide if our relationship was worth the effort both of us would have to make.

One thing I learned from that, Mark, was that there is such a thing as a "make or break" stage when things get bad. Sometimes it's in the interest of both partners to call it a day if they just don't see a way forward. That may hurt, but it hurts even more to go through the motions when the reality is that there's nothing left to lose.

My wife and I backed away from the brink, and I'm glad we did. I think there really is a lot to save and cherish between us, even if there remains a ton of work to be done. Maybe you and your wife will discover the same thing. Maybe not.

Either way, my friend, please believe me when I say I ache for you right now. It sucks when things are like this, and no doubt about it. I wish I had some magic formula to offer.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#230828 - 06/13/08 09:54 PM Re: what i miss/need/crave most [Re: roadrunner]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
i've lost all drive
initiative
desire

it's like i really don't care any more

last week i was on top of the world

i can't take much more of this ride.

m

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.