Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
6 registered (Suwanee, 5 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63552 Topics
444018 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#230826 - 06/13/08 09:51 PM express (possible trigger)
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Tired
Sleep
hurting
please
stop
No
Tired
despair
dark
Red
Hurts
Please
Pain
shame
Alone
Alone
Alone
Hurt
Alone
secrets
shame
pain
Red
quiet
ouch
Alone
quiet
Help?
Alone
Help?
shame
sleep?
Afraid
Afraid
Afraid

Edited by king tut (06/13/08 09:53 PM)

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#230887 - 06/14/08 05:16 AM Re: express (possible trigger) [Re: king tut]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Lewis,

I am so sorry you are getting hammered like this. You will get there, my friend, really you will. And you're not alone. Keep talking. It does help.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#231121 - 06/15/08 10:50 AM Re: express (possible trigger) [Re: roadrunner]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks Larry, i tried to write something down properly but i found i could only deal with one word statements

i don't know what to say, this is the kind of stuff that doesn't want to come out, it seems very much like emptying a bucket of poison onto the vegetable patch, do you know what i mean?

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#231182 - 06/15/08 04:41 PM Re: express (possible trigger) [Re: king tut]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Lewis,

Yes I do know what you mean. This kind of poem shows you are determined to "get it out" but don't yet have it all organized in terms of what it means and how you feel about it. That's okay. It's a great starting point and we have other poems like this here in this forum. Sometimes this one-word format is the most powerful one. But most importantly, right now it's you! So this is what you have to say. I'm glad you did that.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#231191 - 06/15/08 05:18 PM Re: express (possible trigger) [Re: roadrunner]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi Lewis,

Wow, that was powerful reading. I never knew such intense emotions could be expressed in such clarity. I think Larry is right on when he says that if this how you want to express things right now, then that's the way to do it. It seems to be working, so go with it.

#231206 - 06/15/08 08:01 PM Re: express (possible trigger) [Re: EGL]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks Larry and Eddie, i was cautious about posting it in the poetry forum since it is not a poem (doesn't rhyme anyway), but i thought it would look odd in off topic, but i'm glad you have given it the thumbs up and understand

#231815 - 06/19/08 07:49 AM Re: express (possible trigger) [Re: king tut]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Lewis,

Poetry doesn't have to rhyme, and in fact some of the greatest poems in modern poetry have been pieces that not only don't rhyme, but also have no meter to them either. They just kind of surge along and claim their own space. T.S. Eliot's amazing poem The Wasteland is rather like that.

You poem reflects how you are looking at things right now and what you need to say. That's okay! There are in fact others who have done the same sort of thing before you. Here's a poem done some years ago by BT, who's an old hand on the site and continues to be active behind the scenes:

First Love First Death

doorclosed
lightout
clothesoff
bedin

coldout
blanketwarm
cuddleclose
holdme

touchhere
holdthis
lickthat
verygood

pushaside
notouch
sleepnow
notell

birthdaysoon
boygrow
knowthen
besix

He's using two-word combinations, but he's looking back in the same way that you are. See what I mean?

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.