Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jay1159, JW1230, don64, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63791 Topics
445475 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#230357 - 06/11/08 03:31 PM Re: Any Muscians out here?? [Re: MarkK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I have been playing guitar for the past 45 years. I usually play the blues on acoustic guitars and resonators (Dobro, National, etc.) fingerstyle and slide, usually in open tunings. I also like roots music of almost any kind.

L.

Edited by roadrunner (06/11/08 03:31 PM)
This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#230377 - 06/11/08 05:00 PM Re: Any Muscians out here?? [Re: roadrunner]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
At one time I was a classical pianist, and once played one of the Prelude's entirely from memory at a large recital. I was also a trombone player in school. Now I play the 18-wheeler like it is a toy, and find a 250 yard drive down the middle to be a very enjoyable experience too. I've seen hundreds of bands, even saw U2 in a bar once, and it wasn't even sold out. My little sister is a vocalist and keyboardist in a bar band, and one brother-in-law is a guitarist in a recognized southern rock band. I enjoy a wide range of music from old blues to rock and modern rock. My wife is trying to get me into country music too, but eeek, I can't stand it. The last two concerts I saw were Government Mule and the Pasadena Philharmonic Orchestra.

Muldoon: Check the spelling of effect and using.

Trucker Mark

#230443 - 06/11/08 10:08 PM Re: Any Muscians out here?? [Re: MusicMan]
Craig64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

piano, voice, composition
we were talking in chat the other night about getting a MS band going!
Craig

#230446 - 06/11/08 10:14 PM Re: Any Muscians out here?? [Re: Craig64]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I consider myself a singer first and foremost, and I picked up a guitar to learn a bunch of chords to have a shot at getting to sing for people. I've since picked up a few harmonicas and a piano, though I never claimed to be any good at any of them.

I just love to sing.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.