Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
3 registered (Shyshark, pufferfish, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63408 Topics
443325 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#230130 - 06/10/08 02:39 PM Re: A very uncomfortable thought [Re: Liv2124]
Junefriday Offline

Loc: Canada
Trish,
My husband has been doing the same thing with pretty much everyone but especially me. He has very high expectations of people and if those expectations aren't met, he writes them off. This has gotten to the point where I am useless in his mind because even though I get brownie points for trying something, if I don't get it right, it doesn't count. So I definitely hear you regarding "pressure".
I am a firm believer that accidents happen and that people make mistakes. There have been numerous things around the house that he has $*^#ed up but I don't lump him into the useless category. What makes him think that he has that right??? I understand the need to make himself feel better about his own inequities, but I don't deserve to be treated that way and don't think that I can continue to love someone who thinks that way about me.

#230171 - 06/10/08 07:08 PM Re: A very uncomfortable thought [Re: Trish4850]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
aw trish, he is just mimicking the voices in his own head, and merely saying what he is thinking and feeling about himself, that's all. he's stuck doing that because he does not know any other way to view other humans. that's his ole shadow talking.

i used to do that, and that was part of my 'worst of times' when my value system was way, way outta whack: he, like so many of us humans, has come to own the belief that if people don't act a certain way, or do things a certain, or speak a certain way etc, they are 'flawed'. after all, everybody knows there is only ONE 'right way' to be. if you wanna know what that is, just go ask anybody who cares to impress their own viewpoint on the rest us misguided sheeple. i am sure they will be more than glad to diagnose our particular band of moron-ism, and write a perfect pre>

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.