Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (JHNebraska, dan_in_newengland, pittsburgh, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#230146 - 06/10/08 04:16 PM Has anyone taken Cymbalta?
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Went to a new Psych Doc for meds and she prescribed Cymbalta. Just wondering if anyone has any experiences with it?

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#230154 - 06/10/08 04:37 PM Re: Has anyone taken Cymbalta? [Re: onlyakid]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

My experience with Cymbalta has been pretty good thus far. The worst side effects have been some short term problems with constipation, decrease in appetite, a pretty bad case of the zaps (which I actually liked), mild drowsiness (though I'm a lot more aware), and difficulty achieving orgasm. I'm at 90 mg a day right now.

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#230453 - 06/11/08 10:52 PM Re: Has anyone taken Cymbalta? [Re: BJK]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Brain Zaps eh? Sounds interesting. They say its very rare when your on the drug, only usually happens when you just stop taking it quickly

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#230529 - 06/12/08 07:27 AM Re: Has anyone taken Cymbalta? [Re: onlyakid]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

My psychiatrist says it's a placebo effect, but I disagree. About four hours after I started to take Cymbalta, I started to feel absolutely euhporic. That was accompanied by a constant shivering (almost like what I like to affectionately call the "pee shivers"). It's also not only centralized in the brain. My whole body feels it, but it has definitely decreased in intensity as time has gone on.

I think this is where my drowsiness comes from, because I find it quite pleasant to just lie down and enjoy the sensation (which leads to sleep).

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#230651 - 06/12/08 11:16 PM Re: Has anyone taken Cymbalta? [Re: BJK]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bringing it back up to the top, I can't believe only BJK has been on Cymbalta

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.