Newest Members
J44, Anura, reynel5, smc1972, Moi
12418 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12418 Members
74 Forums
63763 Topics
445304 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#22999 - 02/23/05 10:40 AM Re: Our Untouchable SOULS
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
When the sun is shrouded behind the clouds, do we ever say that the sun has been damaged?

How can pure light be ever damaged?

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#23000 - 02/23/05 02:08 PM Re: Our Untouchable SOULS
sadanddown Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gaboogistan
Quote:
Originally posted by Morning Star:
When the sun is shrouded behind the clouds, do we ever say that the sun has been damaged?

How can pure light be ever damaged?
I don't feel that way though, I feel like the moon...and I've been beatin and scared by asteroids

Jon

#23001 - 02/24/05 12:11 AM Re: Our Untouchable SOULS
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Tom - was your T ever abused? If not how on earth would he know?

If our souls are that part of us that is so deep within us, then maybe it was my soul that buried all that crap and kept it away from my mind until I could deal with it. My soul has always been resilient, I just never knew it - now it has come out fighting and does not know how to loose! It still gets kicked, but I am currently wearing it on the surface.

My abuser knows it & so do some of the petty authoritarians within the company that I work for.

My soul used to hide, now it's wearing boots!

Best wishes ..Rik

#23002 - 02/24/05 12:30 AM Re: Our Untouchable SOULS
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Tom, hey they stole our inner soul, maybe they did ,or did they?

I spent so many years helping my inner child, I made up my mind that he would never steal what I was left with.

Ste

#23003 - 02/26/05 01:28 AM Re: Our Untouchable SOULS
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Quote:
Tom - was your T ever abused? If not how on earth would he know?
Ric the anserwer is yes he was at 14YO.

I going to spent some time reading over your words this week end and will repply to every one Sunday. Thanks

#23004 - 02/26/05 02:37 AM Re: Our Untouchable SOULS
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think our soul is not able to be ruined. No one have that kind of power.

I think it is like a beautiful sculptuer, that has fallen on the floor and broke. It take time, it take work and patience, but it can be put back together with glue. There will be parts of it that still are maybe more weaker, more fragile, then other parts. And if you look at it very close, you will maybe see the cracks, you will maybe see how it is put back together. But if you step back a few feet, it looks just as beautiful and just as perfect as always it did. The beauty is in the art. Not in the construct of it. Same is true of us. The beauty is in the soul. The cracks and damages can not darken the soul. It is only when we allow them that power that they can do that at all.

Andrei

#23005 - 02/26/05 06:19 AM Re: Our Untouchable SOULS
Bobby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona
Muldoon, I haven't read any of the other posts on this one. I don't want to be influenced. I don't want to engage in semantics, but there is a part of me....a very deep part. My child lives there now. He's safe there. That's where he went to live when everywhere else was too frightening. It is the deepest part of me. It's where I go when I need to find him. To talk. He cannot stay there. He has to come out and join me in this life...otherwise, I have learned nothing here. This part of me just might be my soul.

But you know, Muldoon, I don't think my soul has been damaged by all of this. My soul has been kind and loving to a child that the world chose to throw away. My soul opened up and took my child in. My soul protected me. The horrible trauma...the horrible realization...the terror and sadness of dealing with my abuse would come. AT some point it had to come. At some point I had to be devastated by the things that had been done to me. My soul was patient and held me close until the time that all of that poison would pour into my consciousness.

It is still patient as I try gently to pull my child out into the world, cold as it may be. Each day he comes out a little farther, and eventually I hope, will trust me enough to join me for whatever is left for us here in this world.

I will never, ever say that good came from this SA. Never.

I will, however say what I have said many times that the men who have survived SA are the strongest, kindest, most compassionate men I have ever known. Intense suffering will do that...it will put you in touch with the suffering of others in a very real way.

Likewise, I believe that I have been more in touch with my inner self..my soul? (especially lately) as I have unerstood my SA and the role my soul has had in keeping me alive all those years. Call it faith, call it God, call it what you will, it is with me and I feel it so very strongly supporting me. It participates not at all in all of this. The pain, the loss, the discovery are mine to deal with as I will. But in many ways I feel surrounded by it as I cry and as I rage and as I mourn the loss of the life I should have led.

If my soul has been changed by all of this, it is in the same way that I see all of myself changed. I recognize this horrible suffering in myself now and in turn have come to recognize it in others. And God help me if I ever ignore another's suffering for as long as I have left to live.

#23006 - 02/26/05 07:30 AM Re: Our Untouchable SOULS
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
there are times when I feel totally soulless, with no remainder after all that has happened in the past. But I know, logically, that can not be true. No one with a soul can love, can continue on with life after the worst of difficulties, without a soul. A soul equals a survivor. I think there is no 'survivor' without a soul. Damaged maybe. Darkened, no. Maybe scarred, maybe bruised. But never broken.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#23007 - 03/01/05 05:59 AM Re: Our Untouchable SOULS
Whicker Offline

Loc: Pastures of Oregon
Muldoon,

I have read, and reread your Post over the past couple of days, thinking and considering what you requested.
I am no expert in things theological, though I lean heavily towards an 'Earth-Based/Gia' principle.
Before reading the many good replies, I felt certain that the Soul can and does feel impacted by what happens to us in this Life.
Then I read 'Morning Star's' perspective about how the Soul is like the Sun, and can only be covered-up by clouds, but not tainted by the process.
Now, I'm not so sure.
I feel like my Soul is striated with different hues of pain/abuse/misery, highlighted with the fleeting moments of time when things seemed alright with the world and I knew happiness.

I appreciate your putting to words something that has caused me to seek further into my own Spirit.

I hope that your Journey is a Healing one.

Whicker

#23008 - 03/01/05 02:05 PM Re: Our Untouchable SOULS
Indy Offline

Loc: Indiana
This discussion for me gets to the core of my healing and recovery. Without some faith in some part of me that has remained whole, I don't know if I could have continued on this journey. Perhaps it is that stubborn, unyielding soul that will not allow the awful parts of life to go unnoticed-perhaps that is conscience, I am not certain, certainly it has also caused me great pain when I went to blame myself.

Last week, I was having a difficult time. I asked someone I barely knew to hug me. He did and then I explained what was going on and that I felt disconnected. He said that the Universe hates a vacuum-in other words it is always looking to have us be connected-and perhaps that is where we find that soul-when we are connected, when we feel a part, when we know we are important and loved.

I do believe that there is a part of us that remains whole, no matter what. When we feel safe enough to allow it -as Mariane Willimason said-Our Greatest Fear.....is to allow our light to shine...

ah, well, I digress. I know we can continue to feel love and loved. Perhaps that is enough in itself.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.