Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
40035 (55), Brayton (60), DavidJ (65), Grout (29), JJM33 (43), RockyMtJoe (66)
Who's Online
5 registered (Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, TW16, woodenshoes, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63540 Topics
443933 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#229499 - 06/07/08 12:06 PM Bookmarking posts
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

I know that after 200 posts you lose the history of the posts in your "My Posts" lists. But I was wondering if you bookmark posts that fall greater than the 200 post mark, are they still there? The reason I ask is that I was thinking of bookmarking some important posts for me so that I could look back at them at some point and see if I was making progress with things, and I am nearing the 200 post mark.

Also, I notice I usually need to login twice before the board take my password. Not a big deal, but was curious if others have experienced this.

Thanks,
Eric

#229504 - 06/07/08 01:05 PM Re: Bookmarking posts [Re: ericc]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
ericc, on my home computer, i log in once. on my work computer, i have to log in twice. im on a mac and using safari at work, so maybe thats it?

#229616 - 06/08/08 12:02 AM Re: Bookmarking posts [Re: Jarrad]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Safari is notoriously difficult when it comes to negotiating the MS site or some other sites I've noticed. I don't use it at all in favor of FireFox which works much better

#229647 - 06/08/08 04:28 AM Re: Bookmarking posts [Re: WalkingSouth]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

It isn't a Mac issue (I usually use Windows XP or Linux and almost always Firefox; I'll have to pay attention more as to when it does and when it does not happen). Not too big of a deal I suppose, but curious if others had seen the same thing. It doesn't always happen, but usually.

Does anyone know about the posts after you break the 200 post mark? Do they still exist if you have them bookmark, just the history of the posts (in users posts section) goes away for all posts past 200?

Thanks,
Eric

#229709 - 06/08/08 01:31 PM Re: Bookmarking posts [Re: ericc]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

the site software only keeps record of the last 200 posts a user has made if you want to see a list of his most recent postings.

You can answer the question of how long posts stay available on the site yourself by paging back into the archive using the "Page 1 of..." feature at the top of the thread listing columns on any forum thread listing page.

Edited by walkingsouth (06/08/08 01:31 PM)

#229732 - 06/08/08 04:40 PM Re: Bookmarking posts [Re: WalkingSouth]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Eric,

I do know that marking posts as one of your "watched post" does work. I have done it with several of mine. I'm way over 200, and when I want to pull up an early post of mine, I just go to my watched posts list and click.

The problem is that when you do a search for posts, (under the search feature).... that whole older than/newer than thing really makes it hard to find things. So be sure to add a post to your watched list as soon as you decide to keep it. Otherwise you will be thumbing through pages and pages of "page 1 of 699", just to find it.

Try it and I'm sure it will work for you, as it has for me.

Luv ya,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.