Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 28 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63784 Topics
445419 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#232070 - 06/20/08 02:26 AM Re: is rape harder for men than women [Re: An]
An Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: usa
Tw- i couldn't get back to sleep with the thoughts that my first post could be taken that way so i just had to get up and delete it. It really bothered me that it could in anyway be taken that I meant males were active in intention more than females, it was too troubling and I am so glad you shared your reaction. I could have tired to modify it but I just wanted to step as far away as I could from that perception and so just completely deleted a post for the first time. thank you again for letting me know-

#232073 - 06/20/08 02:43 AM Re: is rape harder for men than women [Re: An]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

oh no. i am so sorry. i was definitely "interpreting" it to point out that it could be read that way. but i was certainly not claiming (or feeling) any sort of malevolence on your part. its just that, in our culture, we are trained from day one to see male/female as so essentially different. and it becomes really natural to make comparisons about how and why we are different.

but please, get some sleep and understand that i meant no harm or hurt or anything. your posts were very honest and they shouldn't bring you any discomfort. much love, tw

#232301 - 06/20/08 10:43 PM Re: is rape harder for men than women [Re: mara]
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Hi all, I have been away for a while. I think that Rape is hard on anybody. CSA to me is very different than rape. I think that I was lucky that I did not experience CSA. I think that I was lucky that I was not raped by someone that I knew and loved. Yes I was lucky that I was raped by a stranger. I was lucky that it only happened once.
I had to make the decision do I continue to struggle and die, or do I stop struggling and live. When it was all done with, I knew I had made the wrong choose. Even today there are times when I am sure I made the wrong choose.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.