Newest Members
GoodKiwi, Naeno, stillhere35, RKS, Albertus
12557 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
9 registered (AlexBoyd, Banjo596, john22, 4 invisible), 14 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12557 Members
73 Forums
64447 Topics
450142 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#229325 - 06/06/08 06:36 PM Telemarketers are getting borderline abusive
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Man are some telemarketers desperate these days. I got a call today at work. Call came up on the Caller ID as "PRIVATE NUMBER", right then I was expecting a telemarketing call.

Call went something like this

Caller: Is (Boss's first name) there?
Me: No he's out on a road call
Caller (getting a bit angry): We were supposed to have a teleconference and he knows that I don't have a good number for him to call back. Will he be back any second?
Me: I don't know, but I do expect him back within the hour.
Caller: Do you have a number I can reach him right now?
Me: No, I can't give that out
Caller: I can't believe this he knows I don't have a good call back number and we were supposed to talk right now.
Me: I'm sorry about that, the best I can do is call him and you can call back in a few minutes (we only have one phone line)
Caller: I really need to talk to him, this is Ben from Phoenix we had an appointment for a teleconference. I really need that number
Me: He didn't tell me anything about it and I can't give that out
Caller: Whats your name?
Me: My name is Jason
Caller: What your last name Jason
Me: (My last name)
Caller: Well stuttering Jason (Last Name), when you boss finds out that you wouldn't give me his number, your going to be fired. Stop stuttering be more confident.
Me: I'm sorry sir, I can't give out his number unless he tells me too and he hasn't told me anything about this.

I forget how it ends, but I hang up and call my boss. He doesn't answer but calls me back. He doesn't know a Ben from Phoneix. And if your wondering I did ask him at somepoint in the conversation for my bosses last name just to make sure he was calling the right person.

Guess sales people are getting desperate

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#229338 - 06/06/08 07:20 PM Re: Telemarketers are getting borderline abusive [Re: onlyakid]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
FUCK him! Next time, let me have the phone, *I'll* talk to him.

#229341 - 06/06/08 07:48 PM Re: Telemarketers are getting borderline abusive [Re: Hauser]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Can you do the "do not call" list for businesses? I'm not sure.

#229351 - 06/06/08 08:14 PM Re: Telemarketers are getting borderline abusive [Re: AndyJB2005]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
no you can't for businesses, my dad runs a company out of the house and we are always getting telemarketers it sucks.

#229352 - 06/06/08 08:16 PM Re: Telemarketers are getting borderline abusive [Re: theatrekid]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
When my kids were toddlers, I used to hand the phone to them when a telemarketer called. My 2-year-old loved it because she would just talk and talk and talk with them, just like she was talking to grandma.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.