Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jay1159, JW1230, don64, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63791 Topics
445475 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#229325 - 06/06/08 06:36 PM Telemarketers are getting borderline abusive
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Man are some telemarketers desperate these days. I got a call today at work. Call came up on the Caller ID as "PRIVATE NUMBER", right then I was expecting a telemarketing call.

Call went something like this

Caller: Is (Boss's first name) there?
Me: No he's out on a road call
Caller (getting a bit angry): We were supposed to have a teleconference and he knows that I don't have a good number for him to call back. Will he be back any second?
Me: I don't know, but I do expect him back within the hour.
Caller: Do you have a number I can reach him right now?
Me: No, I can't give that out
Caller: I can't believe this he knows I don't have a good call back number and we were supposed to talk right now.
Me: I'm sorry about that, the best I can do is call him and you can call back in a few minutes (we only have one phone line)
Caller: I really need to talk to him, this is Ben from Phoenix we had an appointment for a teleconference. I really need that number
Me: He didn't tell me anything about it and I can't give that out
Caller: Whats your name?
Me: My name is Jason
Caller: What your last name Jason
Me: (My last name)
Caller: Well stuttering Jason (Last Name), when you boss finds out that you wouldn't give me his number, your going to be fired. Stop stuttering be more confident.
Me: I'm sorry sir, I can't give out his number unless he tells me too and he hasn't told me anything about this.

I forget how it ends, but I hang up and call my boss. He doesn't answer but calls me back. He doesn't know a Ben from Phoneix. And if your wondering I did ask him at somepoint in the conversation for my bosses last name just to make sure he was calling the right person.

Guess sales people are getting desperate

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#229338 - 06/06/08 07:20 PM Re: Telemarketers are getting borderline abusive [Re: onlyakid]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
FUCK him! Next time, let me have the phone, *I'll* talk to him.

#229341 - 06/06/08 07:48 PM Re: Telemarketers are getting borderline abusive [Re: Hauser]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Can you do the "do not call" list for businesses? I'm not sure.

#229351 - 06/06/08 08:14 PM Re: Telemarketers are getting borderline abusive [Re: AndyJB2005]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
no you can't for businesses, my dad runs a company out of the house and we are always getting telemarketers it sucks.

#229352 - 06/06/08 08:16 PM Re: Telemarketers are getting borderline abusive [Re: theatrekid]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
When my kids were toddlers, I used to hand the phone to them when a telemarketer called. My 2-year-old loved it because she would just talk and talk and talk with them, just like she was talking to grandma.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.