Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443091 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#229124 - 06/05/08 11:36 AM Sex offender caught 37 years after prison escape
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8435819

Sex offender caught 37 years after prison escape

Posted: June 5, 2008 09:07 AM
Updated: June 5, 2008 09:07 AM

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) -- A convicted sex offender who escaped from a Michigan prison in 1970 was arrested in Milwaukee as a fugitive.

Roger Allen Chipman is in custody in the Milwaukee County Jail awaiting extradition to Michigan to serve the remainder of his term. Chipman was sentenced to between 5-10 years for indecent liberties with a minor on Oct. 9, 1968, and sent to what is now known as the Marquette State Branch Prison. He escaped while on a work detail on Oct. 14, 1970.

In the ensuing 37 years, Chipman continued to sexually assault children and spent a number of years in prison for those crimes. In 1978, he was arrested in Milwaukee and sentenced to three years in prison. He was arrested again in 1995 and sentenced to eight years in prison for first-degree sexual assault. He served his full term and was released in November 2004.

He managed to evade the connection to his earlier Michigan arrest by using a different name, birth date and fake Social Security number. He registered as a sex offender in Wisconsin using his alias.

But in May, the US Marshals sent Chipman's fingerprints around the country. A match came back, and he was arrested without incident, though he initially denied being Chipman.

#229148 - 06/05/08 02:41 PM Re: Sex offender caught 37 years after prison escape [Re: Hauser]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Very interesting things going on here.

1) That the initial conviction was for what sounds like a parking meter violation (but the sentencing was likely the max due to severity of offense)

2) He was allowed to escape!!! A pedo was out on a work detail!!! WTF!!! Trust your government to do ANYTING right? All USA sheeple say "Amnen"

3) He went on to offend SO much that he got caught 2 more times. You KNOW those two incedents were not issolated incedents. They just dont get caught without a LOT of incedents/offenses.

I hope the victims sue the blood out of Michigan government.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#229149 - 06/05/08 03:16 PM Re: Sex offender caught 37 years after prison esca [Re: Hauser]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Quote:
Roger Allen Chipman is in custody in the Milwaukee County Jail awaiting extradition to Michigan to serve the remainder of his term.

Maybe I read this wrong, or it was mis-reported, but the 'rest of his term', surely means the rest of his life

ste

#229150 - 06/05/08 03:27 PM Re: Sex offender caught 37 years after prison esca [Re: reality2k4]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
"Chipman was sentenced to between 5-10 years"
he was sentenced in 1968
he escaped in 1970
my bet - 3 to 8 years left

\:\(

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#229852 - 06/09/08 12:28 PM Re: Sex offender caught 37 years after prison esca [Re: MarkK]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Life would be nice, but unfortunately a lot of states are still stupid on sentencing. Here in PA a College professor plead guilty to sexual assault on a 10 year old and his "Max term" will be 5 years, and that's if that give him the max. Tell me that ain't broken.

#229917 - 06/09/08 05:30 PM Re: Sex offender caught 37 years after prison esca [Re: Still]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted By: JustScott
Tell me that ain't broken.

It is indeed. Reading through the article I was wondering who is going to take the heat for this fiasco. I rather like Rob's idea:

Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
I hope the victims sue the blood out of Michigan government.

Unfortunately, it's this approach and not that of any appeal for justice and the proper protection of children that is likely to get attention.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.