Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (gatoonfanatic), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441811 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#229142 - 06/05/08 01:48 PM Re: pictures [Re: Justintime]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
"bites and kicks"?

That sounds like a feral child that was left totally alone to be raised by himself.

#229143 - 06/05/08 01:54 PM Re: pictures [Re: Hauser]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
yeah...dont it!?!

Still's Globs

New Video

#229157 - 06/05/08 05:08 PM Re: pictures [Re: Still]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
I'm so glad you were on good behavior when we met... although the spitting and hissing were distracting \:\)

your hippy friend from Boulder.... ommmmmm

Marge Simpson

#229159 - 06/05/08 05:28 PM Re: pictures [Re: dannym]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Justintime,

I use to feel the same way about looking at my picture both as an adult and a child. But then after talking to a few members on here and looking at others pictures, I decided to do it and posted my picture.

At first, I had a difficult time connecting/relating to the young me, but in time we became reacquainted with each other and are now good friends.

I would recommend you consider doing the same thing...it is part of the healing and growing experience. I learned not to hate myself as much as I did in the past and also to see how little I was when it happened. There was no way a young innocent child of that age could have known or prevented what happened.

I hope you are able to look at your pictures in the near future.

Dan

#229651 - 06/08/08 05:07 AM Re: pictures [Re: Justintime]
bejer Offline
New Here

Loc: TX
Wow! i can't believe this it's like you guys are in my head. I can't look at pic's of me as a boy. I feel like cussing and vomiting at the same time. Is that to weird? God, I wish I could be normal if I could only figure out what that was?

Bejer

#229673 - 06/08/08 08:34 AM Re: pictures [Re: bejer]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Justintime,

I don't have a childhood avatar for one simple reason. Alan (Hauser) gave me my roadrunner and John (walkingsouth) animated it. \:\) I just love it.

Those childhood pics, in whatever form, are very important. They are a vivid reminder of our innocence and defenselessness and challenge us to acknowledge those facts. But they also confront us with feelings from boyhood that we may not have processed or "owned" yet. I wonder if that's why you cannot deal with your own pics yet. That is, they threaten to flood you with feelings that you have stuffed back for years.

Just a thought.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#230049 - 06/10/08 08:46 AM Re: pictures [Re: roadrunner]
Justintime Offline

yes I understand what you're saying and that probably is why i can't look at mine because I dont like who is looking back at me. thanks.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.