Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (31), GregoryP (50), GregoryParcell (50), junior (54), KDW78 (36), nansogre (48)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 13 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64148 Topics
447587 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#228990 - 06/04/08 04:45 PM Child sex assaults scout master walks free
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I cannot conceivably comment on a Judge's decision on this monster, but let's face it, he has ruined nine kids lives.
Can he even know how much effect it had on those who had to see him go free???

I don't!

Quote:
A FORMER scout master who committed acts of gross indecency and indecent assault on young boys and girls walked free from court today.

Pensioner Glyndwr Jones committed 26 sexual acts on nine youngsters who thought of him as a grandfather figure.

Some offences dated back more than 20 years and some around the year 2000 but all were committed while he was living in a flat in the Trecenydd area of Caerphilly.

However, the incidents were only brought to light in 2006 when two sisters confided their lengthy and well hidden secret to their mother.

Gwent Police then carried out what they called a complex and lengthy investigation which was hindered by Jonesí medical condition with the onset of dementia.

Jones, who is now 71, had denied the charges and was initially said to be unfit to plea.

But in an unusual legal move, Jones was deemed by a jury to have committed 26 sexual acts after the case was proved against him at Newport Crown Court in March.

Under that legal procedure Jones could not be jailed.

Today, his honour Judge David Morris sentenced Jones to a 12 month supervision order.

Judge Morris told Jones he had committed very serious acts of a sexual nature on young children over a number of years.

The judge also handed out a sexual offences prevention order.

This means Jones cannot have contact with any person under the age of 17 unless they are accompanied by an adult.

Jones was also told to register on a sexual offendersí register for five years.

Jones had worked as a scout master for First Caerphilly Scouts many years ago but police said after the case that there had been no complaints received about his conduct while he was working with the scouts movement.

Detective constable Angela Kiff, based at Bargoed police station, said: "I would like to pay tribute to both the victims and witnesses who came forward and gave evidence in court which was an extremely distressing and difficult thing for them to do and one which was handled with great dignity.

"The courtís conclusion in the case of Glyndwr Jones today was a finding of guilt.

"I hope this gives the victims some closure when they try to continue with their lives after being subjected to such abuse."

#228996 - 06/04/08 05:48 PM Re: Child sex assaults scout master walks free [Re: reality2k4]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
wow, i didn't go to caerphilly scouts but was part of caerphillys rangers one summer which i think was run by the scouts. i went to two different scoutis because one closed. i havent heard about this guy.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#229007 - 06/04/08 06:35 PM Re: Child sex assaults scout master walks free [Re: king tut]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Excuse me while I go throw up.

#229151 - 06/05/08 03:30 PM Re: Child sex assaults scout master walks free [Re: Freedom49]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I posted this, as it is the second one in a week, were they get off, because they are "not all there".

Wish the kids told many years ago, and their hurt must be unbearable to think he walked,

whatever!?!

ste

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.