Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
7 registered (md4e, Going forward, Banjo596, lapchinj, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443147 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#213971 - 03/29/08 02:06 PM Re: 424 views 65 posts in less than 24 hours... an [Re: JustJeff]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
Love this thread! Great quote, Craig. I almost wish you had thought it up all by yourself, I'd give you the copyright! (Actually, copyrights are weird things and you don't need anybody to 'give' it to you. You can claim it at any time, anywhere, and if you simply put 'Copyright 2008 EJMoreau' or something, it's yours forever unless challenged in court. Just my $0.02)

Thanks for the kick in the ass!

Laz

#228799 - 06/03/08 08:16 PM Re: 424 views 65 posts in less than 24 hours... an [Re: Lazarus]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
figured it was time for another quote that rox my sox
This is from a book by Paulo Coelho called "Warrior of the Light: A Manual"

A warrior of the light knows that certain moments repeat themselves.

He often finds himself faced by the same problems & situations & seeing these difficult situations return,
he grows depressed thinking he is incapable of making any progress in life.

"I've been through this before." he says to his heart.

"Yes you have been through this before," replied his heart. "But you have never been beyond it."

Then the warrior realizes that these repeated experiences have but one aim.
To teach him what he does not want to learn.

#228822 - 06/03/08 10:22 PM Re: 424 views 65 posts in less than 24 hours... an [Re: king tut]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: king tut
that's brilliant, is there a rule against it or can i print that off and put it on my wall? i try to put good things on my wall

You never post anything "off the wall?"

#228842 - 06/04/08 12:24 AM Re: 424 views 65 posts in less than 24 hours... an [Re: pufferfish]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
LOL pufferfish. This is great Craig. Whatever your reading I am glad you are sharing and taking to heart. Thank you.

#228873 - 06/04/08 04:19 AM Re: 424 views 65 posts in less than 24 hours... an [Re: Freedom49]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Craig,

I really like both of your contributions to this thread. I think we need to hear - and act on - more things like this. We need to bear in mind that there are certain things we only lose if we throw them away.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#228911 - 06/04/08 09:50 AM Re: 424 views 65 posts in less than 24 hours... an [Re: roadrunner]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
yes, those words were truly inspired. i believe they, or a litany in a similar format, are attributed to the late mother theresa.

another of my favorites of hers:

We, the unwilling,led by the unknowing,are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much,for so long,with so little,we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Mother Teresa

ron

#228913 - 06/04/08 10:00 AM Re: 424 views 65 posts in less than 24 hours... an [Re: Sans Logos]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
Another Paulo Coelho quote. My personal favorite from "11 minutes"

Once upon a time there was a prostitute called Maria. Wait a minute, "Once upon a time" is how all the best children's stories begin and "prostitute" is a word for adults. How can I start a book with this apparent contradiction? But since, at every moment of our lives, we all have one foot in the fairy tale and the other in the abyss, let's keep that beginning.

#229038 - 06/04/08 10:30 PM Re: 424 views 65 posts in less than 24 hours... an [Re: Jarrad]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
From "Parenting From the Inside Out" by Daniel J Siegel

When we get overwhelmed & become immersed in our implicit memories of painful events or unresolved losses it is difficult to be present. Our automatic adaptations to these earlier experiences then become "who we are" & our life story becomes written for us, not by us. The intrusions of unresolved issues can directly affect how we know ourselves & how we interact.

When unresolved issues are writing our life story we are not our own autobiographers; we are merely recorders of how the past continues, often without our awareness to intrude on our present experiences & shape our future direction.
We are no longer making thoughtful choices about how we want to act, but rather are reacting on the basis of experiences in our past. It is as if we forfeit our ability to choose our direction & put ourselves on automatic pilot without knowing
where the pilot is taking us.

#229083 - 06/05/08 02:42 AM Re: 424 views 65 posts in less than 24 hours... an [Re: ineffable]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Wow! Good stuff! I'm thinking about the do it anyway one on my wall 2!

#229102 - 06/05/08 09:30 AM Re: 424 views 65 posts in less than 24 hours... an [Re: blueshift]
Don-NY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
Where Credit is due......

http://www.paradoxicalcommandments.com/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.