Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442051 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#228653 - 06/03/08 01:03 AM Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine for healing
Acu Hope Offline

Loc: Hawaii, USA
Hello all!
I am an acupuncture and oriental medicine student in the state of Hawaii. My focus of study is helping survivors heal the body/mind and come back into wholeness. Acupuncture was instrumental in my healing and the healing of other survivors I know because it works on an emotional/spiritual level. The brokenness that survivors experience are not visible to the naked eye or with the use of xray or other technology, therefore an approach that deals with energetics in the body can be an excellent option for healing these energetic/emotional/spiritual wounds.

In addition to working on completing my studies, I am working on a book that is mostly illustrations and which uses simple metaphors to draw what these breaks in the body/mind might look like. The book is designed to teach people about healthy sexuality, and also to serve as a guide for healing. I have interviewed many female survivors but no men and would like to do so if it's not a violation of the terms of this board. If it is, I'd surely appreciate a moderator to guide me as to how I could reach out to male survivors. I am certainly open to a moderator asking me further questions to clarify the project, or to receive further info by email from me.

I wish many blessings for you all!

Aloha,
Acu Hope

#228774 - 06/03/08 05:20 PM Re: Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine for healing [Re: Acu Hope]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Acu,

I would be willing to be interviewed, but I have not partaken in any form of alternative medicines. In fact I have never given acupuncture much thought, but after reading your post, I may do some serious investigation.

Just PM me here, and we can work out the details.

Welcome to MS, I hope you will find this site helpful.

TTYL,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#230363 - 06/11/08 04:00 PM Re: Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine for healing [Re: Scoutvictim]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Acu Hope,

In order to approach our community about such projects what you need to do is address your proposals to the site administrator, ScottyTodd, who will provide further details.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.