Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63367 Topics
443100 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#225997 - 05/23/08 11:09 AM Re: Forum being used for trivial usage. [Re: reality2k4]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Guys,

If you have doubts about posts or threads, rather than debate it here please just use the "notify" key at the bottom of the post. That let's 3-4 of us know there might be a problem, gives you an opportunity to express your reservations, and provides us with a link to go right to the material in question.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Larry, aka roadrunner,
For the ModTeam

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#228529 - 06/02/08 03:59 PM Re: Forum being used for trivial usage. [Re: reality2k4]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
Reality2k4;

I share much of the sentiments you have in mind.
And yes; this Spiritual Forum is often misused; which is why I usually don't subscribe to it's threads.
A lot of people use this Forum to gripe and vent their frustrations often due to the great pain that the majority of us all carry. Whether your Jewish, Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, or Hindu I think we all carry a heavy load of pain from our past that we often don't understand or are able to articulate within ourselves. Even a person who is well indoctrinated with his or her faith can end up blaming God for their pain whether physical or mental or combination of both. I've seen a considerable amount of frustration hashed out in this forum.
However; when this frustration gets to a point of denigrating somebody else's religion. I think this rudely crosses the fine line. I also don't believe any Satanic references or affinity to their own Satanic beliefs belong on this forum. Reality2k4; if you find something offensive in this forum P.M. the Moderators, there here to police what is being said.

Edited by jcf1957 (06/02/08 04:01 PM)

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

#228530 - 06/02/08 04:07 PM Re: Forum being used for trivial usage. [Re: jcf1957]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Why not Satanism? Its a spirituality (not mine however), so should be allowed here, i feel. Just because Chrirtians dont like it it should be banned? Maxbe this should be the Christian forum then. *shrug*

#228532 - 06/02/08 04:24 PM Re: Forum being used for trivial usage. [Re: AndyJB2005]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
Andy;

This is a prime example why I don't usually monitor this forum.
But hey if the Moderators think Satanism it's perfectly OK. All the power to them. At least I'll be prudent in whom not to trust.
Why do you only point out Christians ? I've read that the five major religions of the world are against Satanism.
So you have a problem with Christians. What's new.

Edited by jcf1957 (06/02/08 04:44 PM)

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

#228553 - 06/02/08 05:53 PM Re: Forum being used for trivial usage. [Re: jcf1957]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
I wouldnt have issues if they didnt call my whole life a sin. I guess its easier for them to dish. I was once christian until they cast me out at 18. So do you blame me? Now im more of an agnostic for Christ. I love Jesus! \:\) But anyway, i know how short of outlets christians are so ill let them have this one without my "whining" and disturbances. PS - Buddhists dont even concern themselves with any monotheistic religions, let alone be against one. \:\)

#228567 - 06/02/08 07:19 PM Re: Forum being used for trivial usage. [Re: AndyJB2005]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Andy you know I have accepted you without reservations. I cast no stones brother. You will always have me if you want a friend.

#228574 - 06/02/08 07:42 PM Re: Forum being used for trivial usage. [Re: reality2k4]
ModTeam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Gentlemen,

After watching this thread run for ten days or so there are a couple points the moderators feel need to be made.

1) If you see a post or a thread that you feel is a violation of the Discussion Board Guidelines or the stated rules for the Spirituality Forum your duty is to use the notify button on the bottom of the offending post and explain to the Moderators what you feel the problem is.

2) Your duty is NOT to make further inflamatory posts or start new threads taking other users to task over their posting habits.

3) All posts within this forum must, in the view of the moderators, meet the requirements stipulated here. Those that do not are subject to edit or removal.

The MS Moderator Team

Private messages sent to this account are checked irregularly due to personnel and time constraints. Please send messages to one of the moderators for the forum that is concerned by user name, or if there is no named moderator, send a PM to any moderator.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.