Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443246 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#228272 - 06/01/08 08:55 AM Conflict in Cyberspace- Good read
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I found this article at the Survivors Tree house site very interesting
There has been a couple discussions on this subject before but I
think this article sums it up pretty good.
http://www.survivors-treehouse.net/Conflict%20In%20Cyberspace.htm
I would post it here but its too long

I want to share my own experience with an email from my ex that I read and took it the wrong way, and we did not talk for 5 years after that because of my interpretation of the words in the email.

After 5 years I finally contacted her, she said she had been hoping to hear from me, and we got it all worked out but it was too late to save the relationship. We both created new lives for ourselves and ther was o way to go back and recreate what we once had. Although we had some communications problem prior to the email, the email I took out of context just sealed out fate.

It didn't have to be that way but due to misinterpretation of 1 email we changed our lives without each other.
Sad but true.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#228314 - 06/01/08 03:22 PM Re: Conflict in Cyberspace- Good read [Re: GateKPR4]
rehpotsirhcs Offline
MaleSurvivor

You make it sound like the communication error is all your fault, but that's just not true. She could have responded and asked for an explaination or given her feelings on the issue. You both could have worked it out easily if you expanded on what you were feeling. It seems like there will always be miscommunications no matter what technology we are using. Hopefully each person will try to resolve and work them out (and they will learn from experience!). Also, it seems that most of the bad feelings stem from not talking them out, ironically. For example, my stepdad often annoys me by something he says and the more I marinate over his words the more annoyed I become. If I confront him about it I often find I interpreted what he said in a wrong way.

#228317 - 06/01/08 03:28 PM Re: Conflict in Cyberspace- Good read [Re: rehpotsirhcs]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
That's a really good article, Ricky, and one we'd probably all do well to re-read from time to time to remind ourselves of how easy it is to misunderstand someone when all we have to go on are some letters and spaces that we're seeing on our computer screen. When we don't have those visual cues and can't hear the inflections and stresses on words, it can really get things turned upside down if we take things the wrong way. Thanks for posting this, it was a good read.

#228338 - 06/01/08 05:36 PM Re: Conflict in Cyberspace- Good read [Re: EGL]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
True rehpotsirhcs she did not reach out either. No calls, no emails, so it was not all my fault to own. After looking back at this with my T I discovered that my ex and I never really had good communication when things got rough. We did have a communications breakdown whenever there was a problem. I stand corrected \:\)

Weird thing about it is I was trying to tell we were both at fault for not communicating
Guess I need to work on that, communication is a two way street.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.