Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jay1946, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443026 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#224179 - 05/14/08 10:00 AM Thoughts on a recent flashback!.....
Freddie39 Offline

I'm new to this site so before I begin HI ALL!!

Here recently, as a matter of fact over the past few days, I've been incurring Flashbacks. The same ole same ole comes up ..Heart races, sweat on the forehead, random patterns race through the brain.. Now being accumstomed to this throughout my life and using the tried but true coping skills and ALOT of incense and meditation I caught something recently that not only peaked my curiosity but will probably give my new T writers cramp once were through!!

While sitting talking with my partner(The best Guy in the Whole World!!!) I was hit by a flood of feelings that I haven't gone through in years..As stated, the typical Fight or Flight response surfaced. At first I thought it was something he said that triggered it but soon realized it had nothing to do with him, anything he said or What have you...I realized in that moment my brain was politely if not forcefully letting me know that issues are not resolved... So, I sat there literally fighting but at the same time embracing what I was going through..Analyzing the images set before me, catching my breath and attempting to convince myself that "that was then , this is now"..Moving forward, I saw the weirdest but intriguing image in front of me.. There before me was a tall Oak Tree. I studied the branches and realized that there were no leaves on it. As I looked closer, where leaves should have been were small buds, kind of like leaves, flowers, whatever... trying to break through. Extending from one branch that jetted out from the side of the Tree was a lantern. The latern itself was multi colored and brightly lit. The Sky was overcast and the grass was lush and green...

Talkabout weird!! But...here's what I noticed....As I studied the "tree" the anxiety began to diminish for the moment as did the "flashes"...I don;t know what the Tree et al means ...and the Flashbacks continue...I'm sure my new T will have plenty to say in that regard!!

Curious to know if anyone has incurred something similar and if so any insight would be welcomed. Will keep you all posted as to what I learn in the weeks /months to come...in the mean time---Thanks for listening!!

#224181 - 05/14/08 10:12 AM Re: Thoughts on a recent flashback!..... [Re: Freddie39]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Hi Freddie welcome to Male survivor. Glad you found us. Hard to say what that was all about with out any context. Without knowing more about you and it impossible to connect you with this imagary. It obviously means a lot to you by your physical reaction but what your subconcious is trying to say maybe very benign. I am sure you T who knows your story and your background will be able to provide some clarity. I would be interested in hearing what he has to say. Again welcome and thanks for posting this as I too have had dreams and flashes that ended up meaning something to me.

#224285 - 05/14/08 11:51 PM Re: Thoughts on a recent flashback!..... [Re: Freedom49]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Freddie,

Let me say Hi.. back at cha'!!!!

Welcome to MS, I hope this site will be as helpful to you as it's been for me.

I've got to agree with Roger, without knowing all of your history, it's hard to analyze this flashback.

You mentioned you have already developed some good coping skills. That is a major struggle for many guys, so you are a few steps ahead of them. Keep your senses, and try and work through this with your T.

I have always believed that when you are ready to ... undertsand, realize, remember or accept, ... what your heart and mind are trying to tell you, then the light will go on and you will be able to move on.

Just keep working through it, and don't try and rush it. Understanding may come when you least expect it.

Welcome again,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#228110 - 05/31/08 12:23 PM Re: Thoughts on a recent flashback!..... [Re: Scoutvictim]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Welcome Freddie. I guess I couldn't comment either on the imagery but it is kind of interesting.

#228163 - 05/31/08 05:28 PM Re: Thoughts on a recent flashback!..... [Re: blueshift]
IMGOOD Offline

Howdy all!
I don't know why I'm so upbeat, I mean I just joined MS site and it's usually not for "kicks" for most guys. Anyway, I just started my first session with my T, last Thurs. WOW! what a draining experience. Major flashbacks caused this and other issues with my family, with whom I broke off all ties with 2 yrs. ago (can't get into that now) Needless to say, I took the leap and now I'm scared shitless, cause the "follow through" is right in front of me. UGGGHHH!! My T wants me to re-live all the experiences so he can rewire my thought process, using CBT and all the typical tricks they have up their sleeve. Anyway, I just wanted to see my post in lights, as it where, so I can say I have officially arrived. I'm sure I'll be adding more. Although I'm more of a passive player, I get into reading more then responding/posting....it's like a drug of distraction, I'm sure that makes sense to some of you, but I can't be too distracted since I just started nursing school, (freegin great time for my flashbacks to flare up...eeehhh?) hence the need for my self imposed intervention with the T. Thats all for now I guess.
Ciao guys!!

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.