Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
6 registered (GT13568, andrewmartin, pete1973, CafeMan, 1lifenow, 1 invisible), 56 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63104 Topics
441294 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#22801 - 10/16/03 02:03 AM Re: Great apologies
gryffindor Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Charles, Illinois
Leosha, I would hug you if I could and if I knew it wouldn't offend you. You're not a failure and you don't need to apologize to anyone, including and perhaps especially yourself. You've had a set back, but you will be on your feet again and skating. Please take care and keep us posted.

Mary

"Had I not fallen, I could not have arisen; had I not sat in darkness, I would not have recognized the light." Midrash Tehillim Ch. 22

#22802 - 10/16/03 04:45 AM Re: Great apologies
pedalboy Offline

Loc: kamloops, BC, Canada
Leosha,

I know exactly how you feel. You feel your letting everyone down, but the truth is you're not. People worry about you. I've been in and out of the hospital a few times myself and I've felt guilty, shameful and embarrased. The main thing is your still here and your still fighting the fight. You never give up. I want to thank you for sharing your self with us. It is nice to know that there are other people who share the same feelings whether they are happy or sad. I believe the ups and downs of life are one of the constants which I try to fix. All we can do is be aware of ourselve and find what triggers us to behave in different ways. I wish you the best as you are in my thoughts and prayers this evening. Sincerely, Pedalboy

#22803 - 10/17/03 02:16 AM Re: Great apologies
bowman Offline

Hey Leosha,
I'm glad you pulled through. I'm glad you were able to reach out to the men on this board. Take care.
Ken

#22804 - 10/18/03 01:22 AM Re: Great apologies
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Hi Leosha,

It is so good to read your post here and to know that you are well again. Like someone just said, you are continuing the fight. That takes great courage. Thanks for that.

You know that you have many people that truly love you and will be faithful friends to you. That can be a lot of help on the days when it seems like there is no hope. It means a lot to me to know that you--and all the guys who post here--are my firends, and very good ones too. That fact does keep me going some days. Live life as fully as you can Leosha.

Peace be with you.

Bob

#22805 - 10/19/03 07:03 AM Re: Great apologies
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Thank you all who replied. It has been over a week since I make that bad mistake, to try to die, and I feel strong and safe. I have no opportunity to be alone, there is always someone with me, even as I sleep right now. But last night, I had panic and wished to hurt myself, and was able to not do it. Few days before that, I also was wanting to harm myself while upset and in panic, but only scratched my arms with my fingernails, nothing worse of that. So I know that I am making some better choices, and keeping safer. I know that it will not ever be easy, but I am winning on this. Thank you all.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#22806 - 10/19/03 05:09 PM Re: Great apologies
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Leosha the important thing to remember is that we are here all the time and always so you are never ever really truly alone.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.