Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
6 registered (wearytraveler, md4e, Aptrick, PhoenixRising, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63430 Topics
443428 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#227733 - 05/30/08 12:52 AM violent behavior in a kid
theendisneer Offline

Loc: NY
Tonight around 10:30 my aunt called my house and b/c my 10yr/old cousin started "freaking out and attacking everyone" in his house (he lives with his mom, a 2 and 11yr/old sisters and 7yr/old brother)this is the second time that this has happened in two months and last time his mom had to take him to my grandma's house for the night. My family is very close and I watch the kids often. His father is manic depressive and is in the hospital for it for the 4th time this year. I'm worried about the kid b/c of his father's mental illness and the fact that mental illness runs in our family. If I knew the outburst are just b/c he is upset about his father or his parents divorce I would be more comfortable but the fact that there is the possibility that it is something mental or b/c of s.a. or even physical abuse worries me a lot. Sorry this is so long
Any insight?
Thanks
Bryan

#227780 - 05/30/08 08:51 AM Re: violent behavior in a kid [Re: theendisneer]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi Bryan,

It's really hard to say what could be causing his behavior, because it could be anything of those reasons you listed or it could be a combination of several of them. Is this behavior unusual for him, or has he seemed to have these tendencies pretty much ongoing? I think that would factor a lot in trying to figure out what is going on with him. If it's been ongoing all his life, then it sounds like he has some behavioral problems that perhaps medication could help with. If it seems like it has come about in him as a change, then I would think it's a response to his envionment and what's going on in his life, in which case he probably needs some counseling. Good luck to him and your family, I hope things work out well for him.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.