Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (Landscape, susie, ethereo222), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441784 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#227647 - 05/29/08 06:44 PM emotional abuse by a Teacher on a 5 year old.
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/treasurecoast/sfl-flpkindergartner0525pnmay25,0,2574622.story

This is so awful and makes me want to kick the %*&$#@ out of her or just get her fired.

I also read from an AOL article on this as well,
that this young boy goes into 'flash back' at home and quietly says "I'm not special, I'm not special.."
The boy is 5 years old.

He's got Asperger syndrome and the Teacher knew it....

It's so sad.

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#227651 - 05/29/08 07:01 PM Re: emotional abuse by a Teacher on a 5 year old. [Re: markgreyblue]
devon0 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
It's even more upsetting when you discover that the teacher was not fired for this. Simply, it's emotional child abuse. She shouldn't be teaching.

I have a nephew with Asperger's and he is so very precious. Fortunately he's in a school that works WITH that rather than against it. If he came home and reported this sort of treatment, I would be tempted to take things into my own hands!

#227734 - 05/30/08 12:58 AM Re: emotional abuse by a Teacher on a 5 year old. [Re: devon0]
theendisneer Offline

Loc: NY
This is ridiculous and I am appauled that it does not constitute emotional abuse and I agree that the teacher should have been fired immediately.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.