Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (lapchinj, iaccus, 1 invisible), 42 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447938 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#227629 - 05/29/08 04:50 PM No place to stay. DEPERSONaliZATION [i]AGH[!!!!!!!
inthegrass33 Offline
New Here

hey people. my rent finally ran out of my apartment. i'll be forced to vacate in two days, and i dont' have a car to sleep in this time because i sold it to pay for rent and food.

this is f**king great. and i still have depersonalization/dissociation or whatever the shit it's called and my brain will not let me in or let me out or what the shitever. otherwise i would be fine. i can't relax. can't train myself to relax. i'm fucked.

so who's been in a shelter? are they as great as i'm expecting? am i really about to hit rock bottom with a dissociative disorder/PTSD? i love life. something that happened 20 years ago is still kicking my ass everyday, and there is no one around that believes me or that wants to help.

GODDAMN the world.

#227639 - 05/29/08 06:12 PM Re: No place to stay. DEPERSONaliZATION [i]AGH[!!!!!!! [Re: inthegrass33]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
If you still have any friends see if they will let you store some of your stuff there. Two days to get out? Sounds like Colorado. I've got some room in my garage. But we're not supposed to meet.

Shelters are hell. So is living under a bridge. Get ready for abuse that is as bad or worse as anything that you have ever experienced. Get you some cardboard and make-up some signs to beg at freeway intersections.

If you still have a phone try calling around. Call Hazelden (800) 257-7800. They are a big and wealthy treatment center who sponsors people on occasion. Or try Mic Hunter in St. Paul, MN. Call the Red Cross and the Salvation Army. It would be better if you could work for a temp organization that pays daily. Maybe your landlord would be willing to accept daily pay. There are lots of weekly hotels out there but you have got to have the money for a week up front.

Try to have some hope even though it looks pretty bleak right now.

Trucker Mark

#227644 - 05/29/08 06:38 PM Re: No place to stay. DEPERSONaliZATION [i]AGH[!!!!!!! [Re: Trucker51]
JustJeff Offline

We're not supposed to meet??

#227678 - 05/29/08 09:17 PM Re: No place to stay. DEPERSONaliZATION [i]AGH[!!!!!!! [Re: JustJeff]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
MS Discussion Board rules are such that we don't share personal info such as email addresses, phone numbers, locations, etc. This is to protect people from being victimized by others. Although the stories we see here are likely true and the issues are from the heart, there are people out there who will use others for various reasons, including to sexually abuse them.

We have to make this place safe for all and there is no way we can check out the info posted to be sure it's accurate and true.

So, as much as your heart may be tugged by someone's story here, we can't allow such personal info to be given out because we cannot guarantee that a person in need is not going to become a victim to a perpetrator in wait.

Advice, resources, support and encouragement are always ok around here. But remember. there are vulnerable people here, including young teens who are exploitable by the wrong people.

Hope you understand and it's not without our concern that we see a difficult situation like Inthegrass33's here. Wish we could do more but we have to do what we can to protect those who could be exploited.

Edited by Ken Singer, LCSW (05/29/08 09:19 PM)

#227696 - 05/29/08 10:48 PM Re: No place to stay. DEPERSONaliZATION [i]AGH[!!!!!!! [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
inthegrass33 Offline
New Here

i agree. i can't trust online anything. esp. an online person.

#227699 - 05/29/08 10:57 PM Re: No place to stay. DEPERSONaliZATION [i]AGH[!!!!!!! *DELETED* [Re: inthegrass33]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Post deleted by pufferfish

#227713 - 05/29/08 11:35 PM Re: No place to stay. DEPERSONaliZATION [i]AGH[!!!!!!! [Re: pufferfish]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Puffer,
He will be kicked out of his apartment in 2 days, not now.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#227885 - 05/30/08 05:06 PM Re: No place to stay. DEPERSONaliZATION [i]AGH[!!!!!!! [Re: onlyakid]
inthegrass33 Offline
New Here

i found out i might be able to stay with a neighbor for a few days. i think my situation is pretty bad. i've been shoplifting a good deal too. i'm guessing, but i think a few more sessions of emdr and i'm going to be doing a lot better. but not having a place to stay and feeling lost at every moment...it's not good. i really don't want to go to a shelter cause i know that's not a healthy place to sleep/stay. i could get sick.

i just don't have any good friends in the area or anything. i'm freaking out, but trying to look calm to everyone, but the depersonalization gets horrible to deal with whenever someone asks me what i'm going to do because i honestly can't communicate with anyone right now.

#227890 - 05/30/08 05:14 PM Re: No place to stay. DEPERSONaliZATION [i]AGH[!!!!!!! [Re: inthegrass33]
inthegrass33 Offline
New Here

and i'm trying to call hazelden right now. ^^^^a garage would be perfect for me right now. too bad i'mnot in CO!

#228097 - 05/31/08 11:33 AM Re: No place to stay. DEPERSONaliZATION [i]AGH[!!!!!!! [Re: inthegrass33]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Still praying, inthegrass. And thinking of you often.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((inthegrass33)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.