Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
5 registered (Won'tGiveUp, traveler, pufferfish, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63642 Topics
444472 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#226704 - 05/26/08 12:27 AM I had a nightmare
Thomson Offline

Hi MS members,

Yesternight, I had a nightmare of the abuse. This nightmare isn't in itself alarming as it occurs to me sporadically. But the alarming thing was the guilt that i felt after that nightmare. It means that inspite of my efforts the guilt is deeply engraved in my subconscious.

Whats your take on this?

#226707 - 05/26/08 12:51 AM Re: I had a nightmare [Re: Thomson]
hogan_dawg Offline

Perhaps the guilt is deep in your mind, sure. Maybe you've nailed it.

I find the guilt feeling interesting. What was the guilt about - or what's your best guess or feeling? Was it guilt about feeling pleasure, or guilt about feeling rage, or doing something taboo? Or what's that about in your view?

Edited by hogan_dawg (05/26/08 12:58 AM)

#226711 - 05/26/08 01:27 AM Re: I had a nightmare [Re: hogan_dawg]
Thomson Offline

I cannot explain it. Although I know that I felt immensely guilty, but i couldn't pinpoint what was it about.

My best guess would be that it was because of my silence in the face of adversity.

#226737 - 05/26/08 07:53 AM Re: I had a nightmare [Re: Thomson]
hogan_dawg Offline

Right, ok.

I was silent about it because I was threatened in a severe way. Plus, he was my Dad.

Perpetrators often want our silence and have methods to ensure we are silent.

Were you threatened, or how come you were silent? Or did you just not know what else to do?

I remember I used to have nightmares where I was immobilized, maybe with fear, and silent too - couldn't make my muscles move to speak.

Edited by hogan_dawg (05/26/08 07:56 AM)

#227504 - 05/29/08 12:47 AM Re: I had a nightmare [Re: hogan_dawg]
Thomson Offline

I wasn't threatened as such.
You can read my story here:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...=true#Post56415

If you can't, I'll tell you that it was because of my father that I remained silent. He was a very strict man. In my story I have told an incident where he beat the shit out of me for nothing that I did, without investigating. I was afraid that if I told him he would beat me to death. I felt guilty because I was silent and whatever happened seemed to me so wrong.

It's the betrayal that kills you from inside.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.