Newest Members
J44, Anura, reynel5, smc1972, Moi
12418 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (Rich1967, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12418 Members
74 Forums
63764 Topics
445306 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#226861 - 05/26/08 02:33 PM MEMORAL DAY
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
As a veteran . That was raped while serving in the US Army .
I believe that the Military encourges soldgers to be routhless and agresive .
I am not saying that all military personel are criminals. But I believe that people that join the military . Need to know what to should expect. My experence in the army destroyed the person that I was before joining the army.
The military has an important function . But it does protect the sexual preditors in it's ranks. This is something that has gone on sense there have ben soldgers. This needs to be stoped. How do you stop something. That is being done by the very people. That are in the upper ranks?
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in english, thank a veteran

edited by ModTeam to remove generalization

Edited by ModTeam (05/27/08 10:26 PM)

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#227094 - 05/27/08 02:38 PM Re: MEMORAL DAY [Re: OKIE MIKE]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

The very people that make "good" soldgers . Are people that have no place in civilan socity.

Thankyou for this just shot down everything i did for my country..

So should i not be here as well.......

Edited by SEVEN ARROWS (05/27/08 02:40 PM)

#227131 - 05/27/08 04:49 PM Re: MEMORAL DAY [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I can read this in English as a second language. I guess I thank Rosetta stone.

I do thank all the soldiers of my own country, as well as others, who have sacrifice for the freedoms and ideals of their countries. But I don't believe that to be a 'good soldier', you must give up your own honor and no longer fit into your society. I think such thoughts, it do more disservice to the soldiers that we honor.

andrei

#227136 - 05/27/08 05:02 PM Re: MEMORAL DAY [Re: ak]
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
i agree. to be a good soldier doesn't mean you become a menace to society. but every soldier isn't perfect. you really make it sound like they all become the terminator. every male in my family up until my generation have been in the military and have medals and decorations up to the yin-yang, and we are all good christian men. sure, we have our faults, but who doesn't? that is just humanity. i understand that you were hurt by soldiers, but please don't stereotype my family as the same people who hurt me. that hurts deeper. i wouldn't trade my family for the world. and i really hope you don't feel i'm condemning you, i just don't think it's fair that not just my family, but every man in the military is an abuser. that's not a tag we should throw around so freely. that's a huge accusation! the men in my family have never and i don't think would ever hurt me like my abusers did. i really think that that statement should be retracted and or rephrased.

Much Love,
Philip

#227461 - 05/28/08 10:06 PM Re: MEMORAL DAY [Re: terpprm]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
My apoligys to the list . Maby I should of said that . Routhless Aggresion
is rewarded by the military. This is just my perspective

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#227483 - 05/28/08 11:34 PM Re: MEMORAL DAY [Re: OKIE MIKE]
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
that's betterly put....and i apologize for saying something. i know that as a MS it is something you feel and i shouldn't have been so selfish to put myself before you. it was truly heartless. please forgive me.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.