Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (Shyshark, Logan, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64018 Topics
446779 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#227338 - 05/28/08 01:16 PM Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? [Re: JasonSmalls]
hogan_dawg Offline

Hey Jason,

Yeah I'm having trouble in my group too. Nobody expects me to forgive my abuser, thank goodness. But I hate that some people bring in meals to group. One guy brings a main course of chicken with vegetables and potato. One counselor is eating Chinese food with a fork from a styrofoam dish.

I'm not going to get angry. Next group meeting I'm going to the best steak house in town and ordering a steak, with all the trimmings, and I'm going to bring it to group to make my point that way. I'm going to sit there and eat and clink my cutlery and let their mouths water.

Some groups have some screwed up rules.

Like, no swearing. Why shouldn't people swear when sometimes what happened to them IS an effing tragedy?

And no sexual content? Give me a break.

It sounds like your group is too authoritarian, without reasons.

Best, Dawg

Edited by hogan_dawg (05/28/08 01:36 PM)

#227356 - 05/28/08 03:48 PM Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? [Re: JasonSmalls]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Originally Posted By: JasonSmalls
I got one question for you blueshift. Huh?

Sorry, I guess I went off on tangent there, and my point got lost in all the words I was using trying to make the point. I'll try to restate it in fewer words.

A lot of things in the world piss me off because of the unfairness of them, such as my having to conform to other peoples beliefs that I do not share about what's proper or improper.

But I've realized lately that there are just too many things in the world to get pissed about I need to learn to focus on what matters most and let the rest go.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.