Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
4 registered (Bluedogone, Shyshark, WayTooConfused, 1 invisible), 9 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63569 Topics
444135 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#224583 - 05/16/08 01:50 PM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: Stephen_5]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Stephen_5
I'll send in my check for 2 cents and get off my soapbox now.

Steve

KenF'll be glad to hear that, Steve! \:D

#224584 - 05/16/08 01:55 PM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: WalkingSouth]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
*rflmao* \:D

#224641 - 05/16/08 08:31 PM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: Trish4850]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Congratulations to them for this becoming law. I find it sad that some people feel so victimized in their own status that they can not find any happiness in seeing another oppressed group gain some rights, after such a long fight. But, congratulation to those who will be positively effected by this ruling.

andrei

#224647 - 05/16/08 09:25 PM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: ak]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Andrei............I think you're missing the point. I shall elaborate.

Instead of currying for special favors from the government, it's my contention they should instead be striving to abolish all the privileged arrangements that traditional married people get.

This way, NO ONE is left out and everyone is EQUAL. By vying for this privileged rank of "marriage", they're simply continuing to play the governments game, a game where we behave like dogs begging for scraps at the government's table, a game I've been sick of playing for a long time now.

#224668 - 05/16/08 11:20 PM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: Hauser]
Darren Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The High Seas
Well, Hauser, I guess you 'got started' after all!!! He he... As usual, you bring up some great points. There are lots of inequities...society has always rewarded marriage and, in turn, punished single people. It's so unfair. Should we all fight to get marriage rights taken away and equalize the playing field? I don't think that's going to happen realistically. would be nice if no one was left out, though.

#224673 - 05/16/08 11:35 PM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: Darren]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
A level playing field? On THIS planet? Someone's always going to be "top dog" and someone else is always going to be trying to catch up.

But equality ... does have a nice sound to it.

#224734 - 05/17/08 04:33 PM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: MarkK]
tazrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FL USA
I hate the courts, but in this issue IT IS ABOUT DAMM TIME. This is a basic rights issue. Besides the fact that the super majority is controlling the minority. I could go on and on. It just upset me. That a man and women union is any different than anything other union.

Now I am going to breath for an hour.

Gregg

#225042 - 05/19/08 11:17 AM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: tazrad]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Well, I consider myself a Christian - if a pretty ravaged one - and I'm absolutely delighted to see this ban going down the drain. So far as I can see it's not about religion; it's about social intolerance and prejudice dressed up with religious justifications.

But that's just me. I know others will view it differently. I just hope everyone who is against equal rights for gays will look deep inside and see if they really believe their objection is religious.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#227128 - 05/27/08 04:31 PM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: roadrunner]
GentleSoul Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Manhattan
I for one oppose this ruling. Whatever happened to the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman? Strictly, I believe:

1. Marriage is a tool that allows you to get a green card.
2. Marriage should always be arranged where, preferrably with a dowry, status and power, and definitely not love, is the main objective and purpose.
3. Marriage can & should be used by high profile celebrities as a publicity stunt to improve their status, fame, and power.

These 3 principles are the foundation of the sanctity of marriage!! These rogue judges are desecrating the American way! This is not Christian. Repent! Repent!

#227191 - 05/27/08 08:10 PM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: GentleSoul]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: GentleSoul
I for one oppose this ruling. Whatever happened to the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman? Strictly, I believe:

1. Marriage is a tool that allows you to get a green card.
2. Marriage should always be arranged where, preferrably with a dowry, status and power, and definitely not love, is the main objective and purpose.
3. Marriage can & should be used by high profile celebrities as a publicity stunt to improve their status, fame, and power.

These 3 principles are the foundation of the sanctity of marriage!! These rogue judges are desecrating the American way! This is not Christian. Repent! Repent!

Sarcasm works well in this case...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.