Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
5 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, Green_Lantern, BusterJones, 2 invisible), 66 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438116 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#227132 - 05/27/08 04:55 PM Just my Luck, F@cking T Quit
tazrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FL USA
Well, just my luck. Things were going well. I have felt some changes. I go to my second T appointment. She thinks I should see someone else. She fuckin quit. To make matters worst. She went to say that the CSA is not the root of my problem. The problem that I have led to the CSA. If you understand that, you are smarter than I am.

So, here I am again not knowing what to do. I am just piss that I wasted a month. Just to find out that she does not have time for me. I knew that on the first call.

So, I will wait for the doctors to get together for happy hour. And decided who is going to see me. Oh wait it is just another month. With my luck, that T wont want to see me.

I am still pissed.

Edited by tazrad (05/27/08 04:55 PM)

#227138 - 05/27/08 05:09 PM Re: Just my Luck, F@cking T Quit [Re: tazrad]
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
ouch! i am sorry to hear that tazrad! hang in there, once you find the right one, things will get better

#227140 - 05/27/08 05:20 PM Re: Just my Luck, F@cking T Quit [Re: terpprm]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I agree with terpprm, hang in there. The right will will appear and you will get the help you need.

#227178 - 05/27/08 07:51 PM Re: Just my Luck, F@cking T Quit [Re: Freedom49]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I don't understand her reasoning but its probably better to have another T than listen to this one.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#227188 - 05/27/08 08:07 PM Re: Just my Luck, F@cking T Quit [Re: GateKPR4]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Sorry this worked out like this, Tazrad, but if you think about it then it is better to learn early on if she was not the right T for you than after you had invested a lot of time with her. Some Ts are just not the right ones for us. Earlier this year, I started with a new one and after 3 sessions I fired him. He said some really stupid stuff to me, so it was time to let him go. I hope you have good luck in searching for another one. Keep looking.

#227200 - 05/27/08 08:45 PM Re: Just my Luck, F@cking T Quit [Re: tazrad]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Sounds like you are better off getting out sooner than later.

#227204 - 05/27/08 09:06 PM Re: Just my Luck, F@cking T Quit [Re: tazrad]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
Tazrad;

Sorry to hear about what happened to you. In in the end it wouldn't surprise me if she really wasn't qualified to handle your case. I went through a similar experience.
In retrospect I would feel no different than what your feeling.
It's like the bitch betrayed you leading you down the golden path of promising recovery and for what ? Just to make a cheap damned buck. Regrettably; not all shrinks are thoroughly trained.
Indeed; some are just plain rookies and others specialize with CSA, and Adult cases.
Tazrad; I know it's a royal pain in the ass but in time you'll find another therapist. Hang in their friend.

Edited by jcf1957 (05/27/08 09:10 PM)

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

#227206 - 05/27/08 09:18 PM Re: Just my Luck, F@cking T Quit [Re: jcf1957]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I agree entirely with all the men on here although it is hard and loss can always set us back however i am convinced you're going to be okay even though you feel otherwsie.

Some T's are actually a little intimidated and have not had the one-one and the know how to help and guide people with csa,for whatever reason,i give you all the courage in the world to even sit through a session period afterall dealing with our abuse and sitting with a stranger can be rough.

I will not talk about my experiences with T's because i have been real fortunate in that area.

You're going to get through this and it is a HUGE BONUS for you that you are no longer seeing this T because god knows if you did in fact invest alot of time and emotional energy and trust and then have the T leave and abandon you because that is what it feels like would be detremntal to your over mental health.

I truly wish you peace and comfort through the healing of your past.

god bless and if you need to chat i'll be here or if not send me a PM i'll reply in a jiffy.
Take care my friend you're worth every last bit and more that recovery from csa has to offer.Most people in our shoes are to afraid to face the demon of our own personal health you on the other hand have the courage you might not believe in.However you're a good person and no one can take that away from you .....NEVER.

Coop

#227209 - 05/27/08 09:28 PM Re: Just my Luck, F@cking T Quit [Re: thecoopstah]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I think the fact that she believes your issues led to your CSA is definitely a good indication that this is actually a good thing. She's basically blaming your issues for the abuse, which is a load of crap. That's like blaming a handicapped kid for being vulnerable and being abused. She's completely ignorant of CSA issues and you are definitely far better off without her.

I know this hurts because you looked hard for a T, but believe me, no T is far better than a bad T. There are lots of guys here who can testify to that.

Hang in there, keep looking and use the Therapists Guide to shopping to find a good one!

#227214 - 05/27/08 09:39 PM Re: Just my Luck, F@cking T Quit [Re: JustScott]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

you were just a boy-------------how did your problem lead to csa-this shrink needs to be shrunk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.