Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kinghenri (26)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64031 Topics
446842 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#226990 - 05/26/08 11:34 PM i did it!!!!
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
well, i did it. i went skydiving today. with it being my first time it was required that i go tandem. this means that someone else was harnessed to me. i knew that i had come a long way in my recovery, but this was a real eye opener! i had the most awesome instructor strapped to me. he made me feel such at ease, and he was even jokingly making remarks about us getting married and everything. when we were up in the air, he had to get extremely close to me and tighten the straps so that we were "one"!!! as he was doing so he started singing sometimes when we touch as he scooted in reeeaaaaal close nice and slow. but you know what?! not a fear in my mind! EVER!!!!!!! it was probably the best experience i've ever had, the fall, the view. it really makes you feel the Creator. to look out over the view and see how all this was created and its beauty. i highly recommend everyone trying this!!!!

#226992 - 05/26/08 11:38 PM Re: i did it!!!! [Re: terpprm]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
EEEEEKK \:o
Well, scares the you know what out of me but I am super glad you had that great experience. That must have been really healing for you too. Congratulations guy. You give a new meaning to survivor!!!

Edited by Freedom49 (05/26/08 11:38 PM)

#226999 - 05/27/08 12:03 AM Re: i did it!!!! [Re: Freedom49]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
That is really cool I'm really jealous of your having such an experience. Some day i hope to try it. you should be proud to of tried something so adventurous and come away with it feeling so happy.

Chris

#227012 - 05/27/08 01:44 AM Re: i did it!!!! [Re: theatrekid]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Sounds like so much fun!! I want to do that before I die. It's on my bucket list. LOL

By the way, I love your avatar! \:\)

#227029 - 05/27/08 07:23 AM Re: i did it!!!! [Re: AndyJB2005]
terpprm Offline

thank you all for your kind words! it means alot! and about my avatar, it is the sign for interpreter. my girlfriend actually embroidered that herself onto a t-shirt for me.

#227057 - 05/27/08 10:52 AM Re: i did it!!!! [Re: terpprm]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
As a fellow interpreter, I appreciate your avatar as well!

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#227104 - 05/27/08 03:06 PM Re: i did it!!!! [Re: FormerTexan]
terpprm Offline

thanks andy. having a fellow interpreter here makes it all the more easy to be here.

#227207 - 05/27/08 09:26 PM Re: i did it!!!! [Re: terpprm]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
It is so amazing what we as survivors can accompish when we put our minds to it.

Skydidving huh........how high up were you and it must have been a ruuuush .....what an adreniline rush it was i am sure of that.

My fiancee wants me to go hot air balooning...i am not afraid of heights at all but the sound of a hot air baloon ride just does not sit well with me.

You're definitely a survivor and i commend you for going for it and reaching a level in your healing that you would not have had otherwise if you did not muster the unwavering courage it took to do such an adreniline pumping and inducing event i am sure you will not soon forget.

good for you buddy.

You're a survivor in the truest sense of the word.

Coop

#227254 - 05/27/08 11:52 PM Re: i did it!!!! [Re: thecoopstah]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

That sounds like quite an experience, Friend. I've often wondered what skydiving would be like. Glad it was what it was for you and that you were okay with the experience being so close to your jumping instructor.

#227259 - 05/28/08 01:11 AM Re: i did it!!!! [Re: WalkingSouth]
terpprm Offline

i jumped at 13,872 feet. and yes, that's the exact number, i had a meter on my wrist that i was watching to get the exact number. there was no feeling like you get when you ride a rollercoaster or anything, i was shocked. i thought being 13,000 feet in the air, reaching minimum speeds of 120 MPH, surely it would be worse than a rollercoaster. no, not a feeling of butterflies, your stomach entering your throat, nothing. but there was the energy from knowing you just jumped 13,000 feet in the air, out of an airplane, once you pass the clouds, and see the ground coming at you, you expect to freak. nope. it just amazes you even more, that you are able to see the world at such an aerial view, and to know that you are not in a plane looking out a window, that you are in mid air, and when you pull the chute cord, and you're floating and moved from looking at the ground to looking at the horizon, and you're just looking out and seeing the beauty. it brings tears to ones eyes. you don't forget it. my girlfriend bought it for me as a early bday present. i have wanted to go since i was 12. but she did not pay enough($200) to cover the memory and the feeling it gave me.

i thank you all for your support. i couldn't be a true survivor, without your support. and i ope that each and everyone of you find the same peace that i have. and i will be here every step of the way, for each of you!!! i'll post my certificate from jumping as my avatar for a while. but the interpreter sign will be going back soon. so catch a glance at the avatar while it lasts. i may give it a few weeks though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.