Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, takingitslow, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443142 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#226864 - 05/26/08 02:46 PM Re: Do feelings have color? [Re: MarkK]
hogan_dawg Offline

You're still alive and that's a good thing.

It's like decking the block or shaving a head on an engine. The motor is never really exactly the same again. To prevent detonation, you have to cool it down somehow, swap the head gasket, or drive it differently. It won't be perfect, but it'll do the job. No need to toss the engine. With the compression raised, sometimes it'll run even faster.

Zyprexa or some other medication is a bit like adding methanol and water to your air stream - cools things down and lets the engine run without preignition.

Relaxation and doing things that make you happy is also like that.

You are anxious. You are depressed. This happens to men who have gone through what you went through. You know, some guys on here have gone through some horrific shit, and older guys than you and me, coming from that generation of guys who didn't talk much about their feelings. Some of them are real success stories who've become far more sensitive tuned in people than when they started.

This is hard serious shit man. It doesn't get any more serious. People here understand your situation. So nobody is going to bat an eye if you take a break or do whatever it is you want to do.

The flipping a coin thing won't work either. All you get from that is a whole lot of dead. And a tired thumb.

#226866 - 05/26/08 02:50 PM Re: Do feelings have color? [Re: hogan_dawg]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
The problem with death is that you don't bounce back from it, and its forever. Feelings can pass.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#226869 - 05/26/08 02:55 PM Re: Do feelings have color? [Re: hogan_dawg]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: hogan_dawg
You're still alive and that's a good thing.

debatable

You are anxious. You are depressed. This happens to men who have gone through what you went through.

agreed

You know, some guys on here have gone through some horrific shit, and older guys than you and me, coming from that generation of guys who didn't talk much about their feelings. Some of them are real success stories who've become far more sensitive tuned in people than when they started.

another's success does grant local success

This is hard serious shit man. It doesn't get any more serious. People here understand your situation. So nobody is going to bat an eye if you take a break or do whatever it is you want to do.

so i've got permission. oh yay.

The flipping a coin thing won't work either. All you get from that is a whole lot of dead.

the problem being?

i'm sorry H_D. i know you're sharing because you care. i know you're being honest and real. i just wish i was in a place where i could receive it. but i'm not. truth is - i'm nowhere near that place.

maybe if i get thru this current mess i can come back and read your post and actually get the heart of it. i imagine that would be at least fair after you went through the effort of being real - i should go thru the effort of giving it an honest chance.

just ... right now ... ain't the time

Originally Posted By: GateKPR4
The problem with death is that you don't bounce back from it, and its forever. Feelings can pass.

Forever has a REAL NICE RING to it.
but don't worry - i'm not planning anything.
i just wouldn't turn down an offer right now...

}shrug{

M

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.