Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
6 registered (Bardo, Luther, petercorbett, 3 invisible), 33 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63789 Topics
445471 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#226504 - 05/25/08 05:59 AM where's Lloydy?
RecoveringRyan Offline

Loc: new york state
Hey Lloydy,

I tried to send you a private message but you are over the limit, so I'm posting this to the forum instead.

How are you doing over there in England?

I have been away from the site for several years, but during that time I have often thought back to the validation that you and a few others gave me during a critical point in my recovery. Since then, I have continued recovering steadily, although I still probably have some years left to go. Are you continuing to recover, too? How is it going for you?

If anybody else has any news of Lloydy, I'd be curious to find it out.

Thanks,
Ryan

#226523 - 05/25/08 08:54 AM Re: where's Lloydy? [Re: RecoveringRyan]
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
just helpin to keep this up top so he'll see it

#226588 - 05/25/08 02:55 PM Re: where's Lloydy? [Re: terpprm]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Lloydy Hasn't been around much over the last year or so. He retired from his official duties as Site Administrator back in late 2005 and has just drifted off into the rest of his life.

I think maybe that's the way it should be here. We come to this place in need. Some of us stay to serve, and when that time of service is over we take up our new interests and gradually drift into that other place letting the new and exciting things fill our lives.

I know Dave had many things in life that excited him, that made his bell ring, and I celebrate his service here and his life now whatever it may be. Thanks, Dave.

#226609 - 05/25/08 04:04 PM Re: where's Lloydy? [Re: WalkingSouth]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Being a mod took a lot out of the great man himself, but he is still active in seeing justice done, and working with CSA groups
in UK.

I know he was acting on a case of a UK Asst Chief constable, and a Judge in an "alleged" CSA cover up, but now and again he pops up.
I think we all owe something to Dave, not forgetting the other mods who were pro-active in support.

Thanks Dave, and you can invite me on a mud run in a 4WD any day, and I will show you how it's done, only kidding,

ste

#226667 - 05/25/08 09:34 PM Re: where's Lloydy? [Re: reality2k4]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Ryan,

Dave has moved forward in his personal and professional life. He completed college an is now a Therapist. Just as Ste has said he is active in the UK helping survivors there. I have talked with him a couple of months ago an he is doing great. As John said we all come and go in our recovery and this site is the one consist part of that journey.

lots of love, Nathan

#226691 - 05/25/08 11:21 PM Re: where's Lloydy? [Re: Nathan LaChine]
RecoveringRyan Offline

Loc: new york state
Nathan,

I'm glad to hear that Dave finished college and became a therapist. He certainly has the knowledge and empathy to do the job well. This is good.

Ryan

#230209 - 06/10/08 09:51 PM Re: where's Lloydy? [Re: RecoveringRyan]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ryan,

You might especially like to know he finished his 4x4 and is loving it. \:\)

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.