Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
3 registered (Seekingwisdom, 2 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443083 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#221262 - 04/28/08 11:48 PM God the FATHER
Marinan Offline

I am afraid that if I go to
Heaven, God will rape me there.

I told this to someone in the chat room.

I'm sorry. But I feel that you people here are my brothers.

I have to share this.

#221263 - 04/28/08 11:53 PM Re: God the FATHER [Re: Marinan]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Marinan,

Sometimes it seems so hard to separate the earthly from the spiritual, since all we know before our eyes is the earthly, and our version of it is such a pain-filled one. Often the version of "father" we come up with in our hearts is based on the only version we saw - the earthly one.

I honestly do not believe God will rape you or anyone in heaven.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#221266 - 04/29/08 12:05 AM Re: God the FATHER [Re: FormerTexan]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
From what I have read that would be impossible. However, if you were to end up in the other place.......

#221274 - 04/29/08 12:32 AM Re: God the FATHER [Re: Freedom49]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Marinan,

My perception of God is that he is so far beyond our comprehension in how much he loves and wants the best for us, that it would be impossible for him to hurt us in any way possible when we get to heaven. We will feel a sense of safety and tranquility beyond imagination. My earthly father is a poor excuse for a father, but I have one above who loves me, and always wants what's best for me. He wants the same for you, too.

#221445 - 04/29/08 02:20 PM Re: God the FATHER [Re: EGL]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I'm sorry if anyone here has been less than accepting of your feelings. I think it's perfectly natural for many survivors to have a hard time with trust..which is the essence of religious faith. To be abused and then to trust enough to give your life to another being isn't something that any being should require of us in my opinion.

#221667 - 04/30/08 10:06 AM Re: God the FATHER [Re: Marinan]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
Marinan;
I'm Not sure what your religious and spiritual convictions and background is.
However; my belief is that God is not so much worried about yours or my physical well being. It's our spiritual soul that God cares about most. God is far beyond this "human" primitive need to copulate. Your question to me borders on groundless worries. Their are far greater things worst than rape if our soul is sent to hell. We as humans can only comprehend reality with primitive human intellect. God is far beyond the capacity of the human intellect to understand the metaphysical intricacies of human existence and the perceivable universe.

Edited by jcf1957 (04/30/08 01:03 PM)

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

#225816 - 05/22/08 03:57 PM Re: God the FATHER [Re: jcf1957]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Who do you think God really is?

You seem far removed from his presence on this Earth.
Maybe, you do not believe in the ten commandments!
You cannot perceivably "rape" a spiritual soul, your
soul is who you are on Earth, and not what might have
happened.

You don't seem to have a spiritual connexion with God,

ste

#226355 - 05/24/08 02:23 PM Re: God the FATHER [Re: reality2k4]
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
being quite a religious person myself, i feel the need to give my input. Hesven is a place where there can be no sin. if God were to rape us, that would defeat the purpose of having this wonderful place. something to keep in mind is God is a Father, a Father filled with true love. the kind that doesn't hurt us physically or emotionally and say it is for our good. personally, i believe that God chose me to be a MS so that i can help those that are going through it and need guidance to Him. the Bible talks about how God doesn't give trials to people unless He thinks they can handle it, and that is paraphrased.i have come to accept who i am and who i will be which will take work, but in the meantime, i feel the need to reach out to those aroun me here, and help where i can. i am not the smartest chap, but i will certainly try.

#226363 - 05/24/08 03:24 PM Re: God the FATHER [Re: Marinan]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Marinan
I am afraid that if I go to
Heaven, God will rape me there.

I told this to someone in the chat room.

I'm sorry. But I feel that you people here are my brothers.

I have to share this.

Marinan,

I saw the results of a study once some years back where participant were asked to select from a list the answers that best described their perception their father. Some time later these same individuals were asked to select from an identical list the answers that best described their view of "God". As it turns out, in most of the cases the view they had of their father was the same as or closely matched their perceptions of "God".

It was a fascinating article. I just wish I could find a copy of it somewhere.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.