Newest Members
Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons, TantraPunk
12250 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12250 Members
73 Forums
63101 Topics
441285 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#225923 - 05/23/08 01:34 AM A somewhat clear head
Letourski Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi everybody,

It's been awhile since my last post and alot has occured in the last month.

I saw my therapist in early may and I finally got to release all of the emotions that were lurking inside me. We discussed my feelings towards SSA and touched base on my sexual abuse issues. Now you can't possibly get everything out in one session but baby steps pave the way for real progress. Needless to say I went out to the bar with some good friends that night and had some drinks. Soon things got out of hand and I divulged everything in a angry fashion to these friends. I ended up on the floor in his entrance crying for about an hour and venting emotions of the past that I thought were locked up forever. The feeling the very next day was one of euphoria. The weight had been lifted and all the confusion about my sexuality seemed to have no bearing on me anymore.

Now, I am on the road to recovery. Healing the wounds of the past is a daunting task but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Roger said it best when he said: try to heal the root of the pain and not the symptoms associated to it. I take things day by day now and that is all I can do.

The SSA issue has lost it's grip and seems to be a fleeing thought. I am still confused as to where I go from here but I have to live with the uncertainty.

Thanks

#225929 - 05/23/08 01:45 AM Re: A somewhat clear head [Re: Letourski]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
It sounds like you've decided who's opinion's matters and it's not "them". Some people will matter and it will be amazing.

Congratulations

Stay strong
Mike

#225939 - 05/23/08 02:08 AM Re: A somewhat clear head [Re: mogigo]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Letourski,
I am very happy for you. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. I am glad you are seeing that light now and realize you can make though this. You are doing great. Keep on course there will be bumps but you know now you can do it. There is life at the end of that tunnel.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.