Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444455 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#2247 - 04/28/04 03:18 PM Re: What section of the book store?
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I was in a Barnes and Noble picking up that book you talked about in chat the other night. It was in the Psycology section, books like this can also be in the self improvement section.

I don't know what book you are referring to but you can also try other places like bn.com (B arnesand Noble) You could also call the store and see if they have it, if you don't want to say the name you can just tell them you have the ISBN # you can find that on the detail page in Amazon and most book stores will save it for you behind the counter. They are going to see what book you are buying anyway when you check out.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#2248 - 04/28/04 06:32 PM Re: What section of the book store?
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Hi Marc! Jason has given you the leads you need. I would be surprised if you went to our bookstore link and it was not there. Amazon finds books for me that are out of print, but someone has a copy they will sell through Amazon.

If you want to pm me the name of the book I think I could find a copy for you. It most likely will be a used copy though.

Jason brings up another good point. Lots of people buy books on various topics for a variety of reasons. If I were counseling a person who was into beastiality I would most likely try to buy a book that would help me understand it better. But I have no inclination towards beastiality. I think book sellers know that about all kinds of books.

Take care,

Bob

#2249 - 04/28/04 07:21 PM Re: What section of the book store?
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
yes, Amazon has a facility to search for used books as well on it's website. And I think that most of the books are in fact new - old - returned stock that's cluttering up wholesalers shelves.

Go through MS and we get some % as well.

Dave

#2251 - 04/29/04 12:43 AM Re: What section of the book store?
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Marc I found book in the section called RECOVERY. Tom

#2252 - 04/29/04 05:11 PM Re: What section of the book store?
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Marc - over here in the UK they can be found in Social Studies & Health Departments. *Mostly larger book stores or University Towns (close to 3 - Newcastle, Durham & York).

Best wishes ...Rik

#2254 - 05/01/04 10:23 PM Re: What section of the book store?
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Marc,

I see that others helped you quite well with the question. But the responses raised another question to me. What is it about MS and Amazon? there is money that will go to MS from there? Is that just for recovery books, or for any books? I had not heard of that before, and not sure I understand.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#2255 - 05/02/04 09:51 PM Re: What section of the book store?
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Leosha and anyone who is interested:
We have a deal with Amazon that any PRODUCT we buy through the MS site will give us a 5% kickback. That means if you buy a CD or book of any kind, or automobile or whatever they sell on their site will provide MS with some additional money. I bought some books and CDs as well as a small stereo system during the holidays recently and that money went to this org.

If you are planning to buy anything that Amazon sells, go through our website and we will get a commission.
Ken

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.