Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (Aptrick, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443354 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#219572 - 04/21/08 08:38 PM A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
Despite the fact that the O that shall not be named has aligned herself
Has anyone read the book or watched the podcasts?
I would love to discuss if ya have

#224535 - 05/16/08 08:35 AM Re: A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle [Re: ineffable]
Marissa Offline

I have read the book but am behind on the podcasts. I liked it very much. You?

#224553 - 05/16/08 10:25 AM Re: A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle [Re: Marissa]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I have listened to this guy on Public Radio one morning while driving to work, and I was thinking, "I wish I was stoned". heh

He's a DEEP thinker, that's all I remember of him, VERY reflective and explores many facets of our existence in a very interesting and unique way.

#224618 - 05/16/08 05:25 PM Re: A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle [Re: Hauser]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
Marissa, hi
The book is great
Premise of "pain body" affected me deeply, especially when I related that to my being here at MS... still working that one
The podcasts I thought were hilarious, watching the two of them, talk about Odd Couples

Hauser, ya felt like blazing one up, eh?
Very deep thinker yes & also incorporates many belief systems

#225021 - 05/19/08 08:51 AM Re: A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle [Re: ineffable]
Marissa Offline

I need to get back to the book, the workbook, etc and get back on task with the purpose of the book.

I started reading the book becasue I feel really lost right now. Like my whole world is spinning out of control. There is no purpose to my life right now that is fulfilling to me, but I don't know what *would* be fulfilling to me - so I am sort of hoping that the book will at least start me in the right direction or enable me to see the right direction.

Another big thing for me was his view of religion - I have long felt that no one religion is correct and therefore, religion in and of itself is not an absolute "requirement" for fulfilling one's life purpose or reaping the rewards of the next plane of existence - if there is one - he seems to share that same philosophy, from what I can see - that all religions basically point to the same thing, just different ways of getting there - and that includes earth based religions. That isn't a real popular viewpoint in our society it seems, or my house.

I was spiritually abused as a teen and had a lot of struggles and pain from it (duh) - I've really been fighting for my own spiritual freedom and walking away from religion all together and making my own way - so I guess I'm also looking to this book to help me develop a "connection" with my own inner essence of self. There have been a couple of other good books that have helped with this as well (the walking away from my religion) - I can tell you what they are if anyone is interested.

Hauser - I had to laugh when you said that - my dh can't hardly stand to listen to him - it's so slow and deliberate it almost puts him to sleep, he says - but he's trying to stick with it anyway - but isn't really understanding or getting the message yet.

ineffable - I've noticed that I'm really keen at pointing out other people who are absorbed in their pain body (can you say Limbaugh?) - not so good at catching it in myself yet, but I'm working on that.

One thing that is frustrating about it for me is that there isn't that concrete numbered list of steps to follow - does that make sense?

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.