Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
5 registered (Bardo, traveler, 3 invisible), 25 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444539 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#224929 - 05/18/08 08:10 PM The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3845190963595588144

JUST SAY NO to police searches!

This educational film should be shown in every High School Government or Civics class.

More information can be found here: http://www.flexyourrights.org/index.php

http://www.flexyourrights.org/quiz (I got 7 out of 8 right)

Think you know your rights during police encounters?

Answer these 8 short questions, and see how prepared you are.

1) The Patriot Act increases police power during traffic stops.
True
False

2) Undercover officers must admit they’re police when asked.
True
False

3) During a traffic stop, police may automatically perform a weapons pat-down.
True
False

4) Fourth Amendment protections still apply if you’re a minor.
True
False

5) Officers have to read you your rights when you're arrested, or you can’t be charged.
True
False

6) Refusing a search gives police a legal basis to detain you.
True
False

7) Drug checkpoints are unconstitutional.
True
False

8) You can be arrested for refusing to identify yourself to a police officer.
True
False

#224930 - 05/18/08 08:23 PM Re: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters [Re: Hauser]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I got 4 right

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#224931 - 05/18/08 08:27 PM Re: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters [Re: GateKPR4]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I got 5 right (but am not U.S. citizen, so I excuse myself!)

#224952 - 05/18/08 11:27 PM Re: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters [Re: ak]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right Behind You!
Oh Hauser...there you go again! Don't you realize that a stronger, more autonomous police force will keep us all safer? Dont let stupid little procedural issues like search-n-seizure laws get in the way of keeping my children safe! I hope you dont become one of those freaks who waves the old "constitution" around like it means something in 2008. I mean...its not like the British army is still here...right?

Look dude...I've got my flat-panel, plasma TV world all secure for me and mine. Please dont rain on it...OK?

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#224959 - 05/18/08 11:45 PM Re: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters [Re: Still]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I think I'd rather take my chances in a society with a police force than in a society without one.

#224972 - 05/19/08 01:10 AM Re: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encoun [Re: EGL]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
As would I Eddie, HOWEVER...................

It has become commonplace now for police to stop people for absolutely no valid reason and search them (after gaining their "consent") in the mere hopes of finding contraband, unlicensed weapons, etc.

Police performance should be measured in terms of how much crime (against people or their property) they prevent, and how much they have gained the trust and support of the communities they serve, not how many arrests they can make.

Have you ever wondered how many young people unnecessarily damage their futures because of an easily prevented search and it's resulting arrest? One stupid misdemeanor on your record, especially a drug charge, can exclude one from MANY career options later in life. People need this knowledge to protect themselves.

Should I present this to the local school board and ask them to consider making this part of their civics class? \:\) hehe Oh, wait, forget it, they're too busy drug-testing their students right now to bother with this.

#225000 - 05/19/08 06:54 AM Re: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encoun [Re: Hauser]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I got 5 right, but by next year, that will dwindle still further.
We live in a society where we are all under suspicion, and surveillance anyhow,

ste

#225018 - 05/19/08 08:39 AM Re: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encoun [Re: Hauser]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Hauser
Oh, wait, forget it, they're too busy drug-testing their students right now to bother with this.

OH WAIT....they're too busy drawing blood from drivers on the highway. http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/950817,dui051408.article

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#225019 - 05/19/08 08:42 AM Re: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters [Re: EGL]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: EGL
I think I'd rather take my chances in a society with a police force than in a society without one.

Same here Eddie...but we are rapidly losing our police forces and gaining militarized forces.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#225030 - 05/19/08 09:34 AM Re: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters [Re: Hauser]
Darren Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The High Seas
I got 5 right. This is a great resource and is good information to know for every citizen. It's so easy now, with the popularity of today's crime-dramas, to buy into the mentality that all police action is thoughtful and good, and that police always act with the best of intentions. Not always so.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.