Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (ratfish1207, CafeMan, 1 invisible), 71 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62553 Topics
438320 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#223492 - 05/09/08 08:05 PM writing article; need your help
writermaggie Offline

I am a writer working on an article for a major women's magazine on women in committed relationships, married or otherwise committed, with men who were sexually abused as children. I am seeking women (and if possible their partners, but not necessary) who are willing to share their experience. The intent is to provide information help and resources to others who may find themselves in this situation.

I am the daughter of a man who was abused as a child and am painfully aware of how difficult this subject is to discuss with strangers. At the same time, I know how important it is to bring this subject into the light.

If you are willing to be interviewed and possibly featured in this article, please send me a private message on this forum. I guarantee that confidentiality will be maintained at whatever level you are comfortable with.

Thank you

Edited by Trish4850 (05/14/08 02:45 PM)

#224229 - 05/14/08 02:45 PM Re: writing article; need your help [Re: writermaggie]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Hi F&F - This request above has been approved by the MS Administration, so if you are in a good place and feel you want to contribute to the article Maggie is writing, please feel free to do so knowing that MS has confirmed that the author is legitimate and her request has been authorized.

We all know how hard it is to open up and talk about what it is that we and our s/o's go through because of csa. I absolutely believe the only way to start chipping away at the horror is to get it out there; to make people aware and to make them talk. Again, if you're in a good place yourself and feel you would like to be a part of this, please contact Maggie.

Trish
For the ModTeam

Edited by Trish4850 (05/14/08 03:01 PM)

#224706 - 05/17/08 11:11 AM Re: writing article; need your help [Re: Trish4850]
writermaggie Offline

I want to thank everyone here for allowing me to visit and providing valuable information and insights. When I have double confirmed the publication date of the article, I will let you all know. Hopefully, we will get one step closer to facilitating the healing of people who have been abused, in any way, AND enable a world in which no one is abused in the future.

Thank you especially to those who so generously shared their experiences. You are truly heroes and angels among us.

Maggie

#224707 - 05/17/08 11:20 AM Re: writing article; need your help [Re: writermaggie]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Thank you Maggie. I know from our conversation how compassionately you handle a very sensitive topic.

I want to thank the partners as well who spoke to Maggie. Your willingness to open yourselves up and share with an unknown audience is a priceless gift to many. With the publication of this article, there are many lives that will be touched and a whole new population that will know they are not alone and that there is a place to come and be welcomed and understood.

ROCK ON........Trish

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.